Light Falloff and dcraw

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
      I was hoping to use a work flow of dcraw and PTStitcherNG to batch processing
      images into panos on Linux.
      But I can not find any options of correcting Light Falloff using dcraw.

      Am I missing the option in dcraw? Is there another tool?

      --
      Jim Watters
      http://photocreations.ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2010
        Am 21.09.2010 22:11, schrieb Jim Watters:
        > I was hoping to use a work flow of dcraw and PTStitcherNG to batch processing
        > images into panos on Linux.
        > But I can not find any options of correcting Light Falloff using dcraw.

        I assume this is not implemented since light falloff doesn't need to be
        corrected during raw conversion.

        > Am I missing the option in dcraw? Is there another tool?

        It should be possible with ImageMagick:
        http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/photos/#vignettation

      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2010
          On 2010-09-23 4:26 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
          > Am 21.09.2010 22:11, schrieb Jim Watters:
          >> I was hoping to use a work flow of dcraw and PTStitcherNG to batch processing
          >> images into panos on Linux.
          >> But I can not find any options of correcting Light Falloff using dcraw.
          > It should be possible with ImageMagick:
          > http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/photos/#vignettation

          Thanks Erik.

          I also found fulla ( tool of Hugin ), it has a similar function of using a
          flatfield image but the programmatic function has not been working since Oct
          2008. Only produces black images.
          http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/357564c7b5daa753

          nona and ufraw with lensfun can also correct vignetting.

          Testing what works faster/better.

          --
          Jim Watters
          http://photocreations.ca
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010

            > On 2010-09-23 4:26 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
            > > Am 21.09.2010 22:11, schrieb Jim Watters:
            > >> I was hoping to use a work flow of dcraw and PTStitcherNG to batch processing
            > >> images into panos on Linux.
            > >> But I can not find any options of correcting Light Falloff using dcraw.
            > > It should be possible with ImageMagick:
            > > http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/photos/#vignettation
            >
            > Thanks Erik.
            >
            > I also found fulla ( tool of Hugin ), it has a similar function of using a
            > flatfield image but the programmatic function has not been working since Oct
            > 2008. Only produces black images.
            > http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/357564c7b5daa753
            >
            > nona and ufraw with lensfun can also correct vignetting.
            >
            > Testing what works faster/better.
            >
            > --
            > Jim Watters
            > http://photocreations.ca

            I get 100% black output images from nona whenever I use EXR files as input images. Am not sure if this is related.