VEJA ... means SEE - football panos !

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2010
      Hello my friends,
      I want to share with you all

      The more important Magazine in Brazil, it's a kind of Times, or NYT in the
      US, here is called "VEJA" that means SEE

      So, the Photography Editor called me and hired me to shoot an event, of
      soccer football, during the last game at Maracanã Satadium before closing
      for the restauration of it for the World Cup in 2014.
      The game was last week september 5.
      They wanted also, to be able to zoom in closer to identify faces of people
      there watching the game
      and also
      to be able for visitors to leave a "comment" on their faces, on their
      friends, etc ...
      like a way to interact more and call friends to go see it too.

      Here is the opening interview they did with me explaining about the JOB
      Clicking on the print-screen will take to a new page where you can see EIGHT
      different panos inside the stadium

      <http://bit.ly/vejaayrton360>

      Thanks a lot for visiting :-)
      AND if you want to leave a comment, fell free :-)

      Best
      360 regards
      AYRTON

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2010
        On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:23:30 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

        > Hello my friends,
        > I want to share with you all

        Thanks, Ayrton. Very impressive!

        > The more important Magazine in Brazil, it's a kind of Times, or NYT in
        > the US, here is called "VEJA" that means SEE
        >
        > So, the Photography Editor called me and hired me to shoot an event, of
        > soccer football, during the last game at Maracanã Satadium before closing
        > for the restauration of it for the World Cup in 2014.
        > The game was last week september 5.
        > They wanted also, to be able to zoom in closer to identify faces of
        > people there watching the game and also
        > to be able for visitors to leave a "comment" on their faces, on their
        > friends, etc ...
        > like a way to interact more and call friends to go see it too.

        Great idea!

        Couple of comments. (1) It's a good job they didn't want to blur the faces,
        or ask people if they WANTED them blurred.

        (2) I think you need a longer focal length lens to reach the faces on the
        other side of the stadium. They are not quite so clear... But I guess it's
        a difficult subject for a Gigapixel panorama?

        Just joking! Really!!

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 17, 2010
          Hi Roger

          I think face blurring is an invention of Google Street view. I cannot see the necessity when taking pictures in a public space.

          Willy Kaemena

          http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena

          On Sep 17, 2010, at 8:14, Roger D. Williams wrote:

          > On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:23:30 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello my friends,
          > > I want to share with you all
          >
          > Thanks, Ayrton. Very impressive!
          >
          > > The more important Magazine in Brazil, it's a kind of Times, or NYT in
          > > the US, here is called "VEJA" that means SEE
          > >

          > Couple of comments. (1) It's a good job they didn't want to blur the faces,
          > or ask people if they WANTED them blurred.
          >
          > (2) I think you need a longer focal length lens to reach the faces on the
          > other side of the stadium. They are not quite so clear... But I guess it's
          > a difficult subject for a Gigapixel panorama?
          >
          > Just joking! Really!!
          >
          > Roger W.

        • jrgen_schrader
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 17, 2010
            I don't think it's an invention of GSV, more likely an invention of bored, paranoid German and US citizens.

            Cheers
            Jürgen

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

            > Hi Roger
            >
            > I think face blurring is an invention of Google Street view. I cannot see the necessity when taking pictures in a public space.
            >
            > Willy Kaemena
            >
            > http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
            > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu268.html
            >

            > On Sep 17, 2010, at 8:14, Roger D. Williams wrote:
            >
            > > On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:23:30 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hello my friends,
            > > > I want to share with you all
            > >
            > > Thanks, Ayrton. Very impressive!
            > >
            > > > The more important Magazine in Brazil, it's a kind of Times, or NYT in
            > > > the US, here is called "VEJA" that means SEE
            > > >

            > > Couple of comments. (1) It's a good job they didn't want to blur the faces,
            > > or ask people if they WANTED them blurred.
            > >
            > > (2) I think you need a longer focal length lens to reach the faces on the
            > > other side of the stadium. They are not quite so clear... But I guess it's
            > > a difficult subject for a Gigapixel panorama?
            > >
            > > Just joking! Really!!
            > >
            > > Roger W.
            > >
            > > --

          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 17, 2010
              On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:57:14 +0900, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Roger
              >
              > I think face blurring is an invention of Google Street view. I cannot
              > see the necessity when taking pictures in a public space.

              Absolutely agree with you. Sorry if it wasn't completely obvious that
              that was what I meant! Google face blurring in public places is a
              nonsense and I resent the fact that this foolish practice is spreading.

              Roger W.

              --
              Business: www.adex-japan.com
              Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
            • enridp
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2010
                Great Work AYRTON!
                What did you use to take the panos?

                Regards!
                Enrique.

                > Hello my friends,
                > I want to share with you all
                >
                > The more important Magazine in Brazil, it's a kind of Times, or NYT in the
                > US, here is called "VEJA" that means SEE
                >
                > So, the Photography Editor called me and hired me to shoot an event, of
                > soccer football, during the last game at Maracanã Satadium before closing
                > for the restauration of it for the World Cup in 2014.
                > The game was last week september 5.
                > They wanted also, to be able to zoom in closer to identify faces of people
                > there watching the game
                > and also
                > to be able for visitors to leave a "comment" on their faces, on their
                > friends, etc ...
                > like a way to interact more and call friends to go see it too.
                >
                > Here is the opening interview they did with me explaining about the JOB
                > Clicking on the print-screen will take to a new page where you can see EIGHT
                > different panos inside the stadium
                >
                > <http://bit.ly/vejaayrton360>
                >
                > Thanks a lot for visiting :-)
                > AND if you want to leave a comment, fell free :-)
                >
                > Best
                > 360 regards
                > AYRTON
                >

                > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                > http://ayrton360.com
                > twitter.com/ayrton360

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 19, 2010
                  Hello

                  THANKS to all that went take a look at it :-)

                  I did use a Nikon D3X and a Nodal Ninja R1 on a handmade monopod 3 meters
                  high

                  PTGUi and KRP

                  Thanks again
                  AYRTON

                  On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:28 PM, enridp <enridp@...> wrote:

                  > Great Work AYRTON!
                  > What did you use to take the panos?
                  >
                  > Regards!
                  > Enrique.
                  >

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello my friends,
                  > > I want to share with you all
                  > >
                  > > The more important Magazine in Brazil, it's a kind of Times, or NYT in
                  > the
                  > > US, here is called "VEJA" that means SEE
                  > >
                  > > So, the Photography Editor called me and hired me to shoot an event, of
                  > > soccer football, during the last game at Maracanã Satadium before
                  > closing
                  > > for the restauration of it for the World Cup in 2014.
                  > > The game was last week september 5.
                  > > They wanted also, to be able to zoom in closer to identify faces of
                  > people
                  > > there watching the game
                  > > and also
                  > > to be able for visitors to leave a "comment" on their faces, on their
                  > > friends, etc ...
                  > > like a way to interact more and call friends to go see it too.
                  > >
                  > > Here is the opening interview they did with me explaining about the JOB
                  > > Clicking on the print-screen will take to a new page where you can see
                  > EIGHT
                  > > different panos inside the stadium
                  > >
                  > > <http://bit.ly/vejaayrton360>
                  > >
                  > > Thanks a lot for visiting :-)
                  > > AND if you want to leave a comment, fell free :-)
                  > >
                  > > Best
                  > > 360 regards
                  > > AYRTON
                  > >

                  > > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                  > > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                  > > http://ayrton360.com
                  > > twitter.com/ayrton360

                  + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                  + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                  http://ayrton360.com
                  twitter.com/ayrton360

                • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 19, 2010
                    Hi Ayrton!

                    Nice panos. I'm curious, how many shots did you take? When we shoot crowds,
                    we take a long time touching up the overlapping people (long photoshops
                    hours sometimes). It would be nice if you could tell us more.

                    Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico

                    --
                    L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                    felipe@...