Flash Player "Square" 64 bit

  • blueslander
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 15, 2010
      Let the testing begin...

      http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

      Flash Player "Square" Preview Release

      This page contains download information for the developer preview release of Adobe® Flash® Player "Square" (codename). Flash Player "Square" enables 64-bit and enhanced Internet Explorer 9 support. Release versions of Flash Player 10.1 are available from the Flash Player Download Center on Adobe.com.

      [B]Important[/B]: Please note that if you install the Flash Player "Square" preview, you will need to keep this version up to date by manually installing updates from the Flash Player "Square" download page on Adobe Labs. You will not receive automatic update notifications for future final releases of Flash Player, and you will need to manually uninstall Flash Player "Square" before installing a final shipping version of Flash Player.
    • Fernando Costa Pinto
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
        .. In our internal testing, we�ve seen significant improvements in Flash
        Player graphics performance � exceeding 35% in Internet Explorer 9 Beta
        compared to Flash Player running in previous versions of IE....
        http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/09/flash-player-square.html

        Real products for the real world.
        Thanks Adobe. Keep the pace.That's the mainnnnn way.

        Fernando
        Salvador Bahia
        Brazil

        On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM, blueslander
        <trausti.hraunfjord@...>wrote:

        > Let the testing begin...
        >
        > http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
        >
        > Flash Player "Square" Preview Release
        >
        > This page contains download information for the developer preview release
        > of Adobe�� Flash�� Player "Square" (codename). Flash Player "Square" enables
        > 64-bit and enhanced Internet Explorer 9 support. Release versions of Flash
        > Player 10.1 are available from the Flash Player Download Center on
        > Adobe.com.
        >
        > [B]Important[/B]: Please note that if you install the Flash Player "Square"
        > preview, you will need to keep this version up to date by manually
        > installing updates from the Flash Player "Square" download page on Adobe
        > Labs. You will not receive automatic update notifications for future final
        > releases of Flash Player, and you will need to manually uninstall Flash
        > Player "Square" before installing a final shipping version of Flash Player.

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
          ...you use IE9?

          Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:
          > .. In our internal testing, we’ve seen significant improvements in Flash
          > Player graphics performance – exceeding 35% in Internet Explorer 9 Beta
          > compared to Flash Player running in previous versions of IE....
          > http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/09/flash-player-square.html
          >
          > Real products for the real world.
          > Thanks Adobe. Keep the pace.That's the mainnnnn way.
          >
          > Fernando
          > Salvador Bahia
          > Brazil
          >
          > On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM, blueslander
          > <trausti.hraunfjord@...>wrote:
          >

          >> Let the testing begin...
          >>
          >> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
          >>
          >> Flash Player "Square" Preview Release

        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
            Proggy installed IE9 and "Square" on the iMac's win7 64 bit installation,
            and the results were not impressive. At least on his tests, there was NO
            improvement detectable. TPP (the test player we did a while back) was not
            processed in the GPU, and was tacky.... Maybe it is different on PC
            installations, but this limited test did not look promising.

            Trausti

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
              I dislike IE8 so much that I don't think I'll be installing IE9.

              When Adobe releases a version that is not beta and does run on FF
              then sure. But until then -- I'll let everybody else have the pleasure...

              Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
              > Proggy installed IE9 and "Square" on the iMac's win7 64 bit installation,
              > and the results were not impressive. At least on his tests, there was NO
              > improvement detectable. TPP (the test player we did a while back) was not
              > processed in the GPU, and was tacky.... Maybe it is different on PC
              > installations, but this limited test did not look promising.
              >
              > Trausti
              >
              > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
              >
              >> ...you use IE9?
              >>
              >> Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:
              >>> .. In our internal testing, we’ve seen significant improvements in Flash
              >>> Player graphics performance – exceeding 35% in Internet Explorer 9 Beta
              >>> compared to Flash Player running in previous versions of IE....
              >>> http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/09/flash-player-square.html
              >>>
              >>> Real products for the real world.
              >>> Thanks Adobe. Keep the pace.That's the mainnnnn way.
              >>>
              >>> Fernando
              >>> Salvador Bahia
              >>> Brazil

              >> ------------------------------------
              >>
              >> --

            • Trausti Hraunfjord
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
                From the LOOKS of the IE9 (I did not touch the darned thing... I think you
                and I are in the same anti IE boat.... it looks like a total ripoff from the
                Google Chrome browser. Simple and sleek.

                I feel no need to try it out until the day it is a public release.

                Trausti

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
                  no, no, not ripoff -- Innovation!

                  Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
                  >>From the LOOKS of the IE9 (I did not touch the darned thing... I think you
                  > and I are in the same anti IE boat.... it looks like a total ripoff from the
                  > Google Chrome browser. Simple and sleek.
                  >
                  > I feel no need to try it out until the day it is a public release.
                  >
                  > Trausti
                  >
                  > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> I dislike IE8 so much that I don't think I'll be installing IE9.
                  >>
                  >> When Adobe releases a version that is not beta and does run on FF
                  >> then sure. But until then -- I'll let everybody else have the pleasure...

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
                    On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                    trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

                    > Proggy installed IE9 and "Square" on the iMac's win7 64 bit installation,
                    > and the results were not impressive. At least on his tests, there was NO
                    > improvement detectable. TPP (the test player we did a while back) was not
                    > processed in the GPU, and was tacky.... Maybe it is different on PC
                    > installations, but this limited test did not look promising.

                    Adobe sucks
                    as always

                    AYRTON

                    > Trausti
                    >
                    > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > ...you use IE9?
                    > >
                    > > Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:
                    > > > .. In our internal testing, we’ve seen significant improvements in
                    > Flash
                    > > > Player graphics performance – exceeding 35% in Internet Explorer 9 Beta
                    > > > compared to Flash Player running in previous versions of IE....
                    > > > http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/09/flash-player-square.html
                    > > >
                    > > > Real products for the real world.
                    > > > Thanks Adobe. Keep the pace.That's the mainnnnn way.
                    > > >
                    > > > Fernando
                    > > > Salvador Bahia
                    > > > Brazil

                    > > ------------------------------------
                    > >
                    > > --

                    + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                    + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                    http://ayrton360.com
                    twitter.com/ayrton360

                  • Trausti Hraunfjord
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 16, 2010
                      Did you do some testing on your end?

                      Trausti

                      On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:09 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                      > Adobe sucks
                      > as always
                      >
                      > AYRTON

                    • Paulo Fernandes
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                        I use and teach lots of Adobe products for a long time...
                        But it does suck ;)

                        I learned to stay away of Adobe's beta releases a long time ago.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On 17 de Set de 2010, at 01:09, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                        > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                        > trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Proggy installed IE9 and "Square" on the iMac's win7 64 bit installation,
                        > > and the results were not impressive. At least on his tests, there was NO
                        > > improvement detectable. TPP (the test player we did a while back) was not
                        > > processed in the GPU, and was tacky.... Maybe it is different on PC
                        > > installations, but this limited test did not look promising.
                        > >

                        > Adobe sucks
                        > as always
                        >
                        > AYRTON
                        >

                        > > Trausti
                        > >
                        > > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
                        > > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > ...you use IE9?

                        > > Flash

                        > > > ------------------------------------
                        > > >
                        > > > --

                        > > --
                        > >

                        > --
                        >
                        > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                        > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                        > http://ayrton360.com
                        > twitter.com/ayrton360

                      • Hans
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paulo Fernandes <paulo.jf@...> wrote:

                          > I use and teach lots of Adobe products for a long time...
                          > But it does suck ;)

                          I have tested it on my iMac i7 27".
                          Basically I see very little difference to 10.1

                          There is a very small increase in Framerate .
                          In 1920x1080 I get 55 in Safari and 47 in Firefox using 10.1
                          With 10.2 square I get 57-60 in Safari and 50-52 in Firefox.
                          No real difference in CPU Usage.

                          However there seems to be a bug in Safari, It does not go real fullscreen but leaves the Safari top menu in front which means that if you have some navigation at top you can not reach it. Also I can not go fullscreen with Safari on my second monitor but it jumps to my main. Firefox works OK.
                          I have an autorotated KRpano with FPS here if someone wants to test the same.
                          http://www.360-foto.dk/carlbloch/odense1/1.html

                          Hans

                          > I learned to stay away of Adobe's beta releases a long time ago.
                          >
                          > Sent from my iPhone
                          >
                          > On 17 de Set de 2010, at 01:09, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
                          > > trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Proggy installed IE9 and "Square" on the iMac's win7 64 bit installation,
                          > > > and the results were not impressive. At least on his tests, there was NO
                          > > > improvement detectable. TPP (the test player we did a while back) was not
                          > > > processed in the GPU, and was tacky.... Maybe it is different on PC
                          > > > installations, but this limited test did not look promising.
                          > > >

                          > > Adobe sucks
                          > > as always
                          > >
                          > > AYRTON
                          > >

                          > > > Trausti

                          > > > Flash

                          > > > --
                          > > >

                          > > --
                          > >
                          > > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                          > > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                          > > http://ayrton360.com
                          > > twitter.com/ayrton360

                        • Fernando Costa Pinto
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                            The question is no to like or unlike IE ..
                            The question is that IE users are the vast majority of internet users(
                            millions and millions and millions of people ) ..and the best IE works
                            ..the best it is ..is that difficult to understand ?

                            Concerning Adobe and competition makes me remember VW and Roll Royce , one
                            made cars for poor, the other made cars for elites ..which bought the other
                            ?

                            Fernando
                            Salvador Bahia
                            Brazil

                            On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

                            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Paulo
                            > Fernandes <paulo.jf@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I use and teach lots of Adobe products for a long time...
                            > > But it does suck ;)
                            >
                            > I have tested it on my iMac i7 27".
                            > Basically I see very little difference to 10.1
                            >
                            > There is a very small increase in Framerate .
                            > In 1920x1080 I get 55 in Safari and 47 in Firefox using 10.1
                            > With 10.2 square I get 57-60 in Safari and 50-52 in Firefox.
                            > No real difference in CPU Usage.
                            >
                            > However there seems to be a bug in Safari, It does not go real fullscreen
                            > but leaves the Safari top menu in front which means that if you have some
                            > navigation at top you can not reach it. Also I can not go fullscreen with
                            > Safari on my second monitor but it jumps to my main. Firefox works OK.
                            > I have an autorotated KRpano with FPS here if someone wants to test the
                            > same.
                            > http://www.360-foto.dk/carlbloch/odense1/1.html
                            >
                            > Hans
                            >

                            > > I learned to stay away of Adobe's beta releases a long time ago.
                            > >
                            > > Sent from my iPhone
                            > >
                            > > On 17 de Set de 2010, at 01:09, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                            > installation,
                            > NO
                            > not
                            > > > >

                            > > > Adobe sucks
                            > > > as always
                            > > >
                            > > > AYRTON

                            > in
                            > Explorer 9 Beta

                            > http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/09/flash-player-square.html

                            > > > --
                            > > >
                            > > > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                            > > > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                            > > > http://ayrton360.com
                            > > > twitter.com/ayrton360

                          • Flemming V. Larsen
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                              I've tested it in IE 64-bit (only installing it there leaves the rest
                              working as usual) and found a bug: When I'm in fullscreen and select a new
                              from a menu (thumbnail or jump-list) the pano leaves fullscreen and returns
                              to browsermode!

                              - flemming
                            • Fernando Chaves
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                                Hi,
                                You should consider Firefox. Check this:
                                Best regards
                                Fernando Chaves

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                                  to put the numbers in right perspective... IE is luckily going down.....

                                  of 5.000.000 visitors of a site since January 2010 until today: 47% IE, 30% FF, 8% Safari, 8% Crome, 5% Opera
                                  of 500.000 visitors of a site in last 30 days : 41% IE, 29% FF, 11% Safari, 11% Crome, 5% Opera

                                  Willy

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                                    The numbers confirm the vast majority .
                                    Chrome is far better than any other and only has a small penetration.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                                      WINDOWS fan = fast majority , MAC lover = IE is heavily declining...;-) it is like the daily press and the politic ;-)

                                      Best is of course Safari because it can play non flash panorama already today....

                                      I installed Flash 10.2 on Mac it is running cannot feel any difference.

                                      Willy

                                      On Sep 17, 2010, at 17:06, Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:

                                      > The numbers confirm the vast majority .
                                      > Chrome is far better than any other and only has a small penetration.
                                      >
                                      > On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      > > to put the numbers in right perspective... IE is luckily going down.....
                                      > >
                                      > > of 5.000.000 visitors of a site since January 2010 until today: 47% IE, 30%
                                      > > FF, 8% Safari, 8% Crome, 5% Opera
                                      > > of 500.000 visitors of a site in last 30 days : 41% IE, 29% FF, 11% Safari,
                                      > > 11% Crome, 5% Opera
                                      > >
                                      > > Willy
                                      > >

                                      > > On Sep 17, 2010, at 16:36, Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > > The question is no to like or unlike IE ..
                                      > > > The question is that IE users are the vast majority of internet users(
                                      > > > millions and millions and millions of people ) ..and the best IE works
                                      > > > ..the best it is ..is that difficult to understand ?
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Concerning Adobe and competition makes me remember VW and Roll Royce ,
                                      > > one
                                      > > > made cars for poor, the other made cars for elites ..which bought the
                                      > > other
                                      > > > ?
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Fernando
                                      > > > Salvador Bahia
                                      > > > Brazil
                                      > > >
                                      > > > On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Hans <hans@...<hans%40nyberg.com>>

                                    • Flemming V. Larsen
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 17, 2010
                                        Statistcs for my site (Hotel anf confernce center panoramas from Denmark)
                                        shows

                                        2010: IE 82% FF 8.8% (87.000 visitor til now)
                                        2009: IE 87% FF 7.8% (65.000 visitors)
                                        2008: IE 41.7% FF+Netscape 39,2% (25.000 visitors)

                                        The story behind the figures is that I opened this server in 2008: The
                                        first period was mainly testing and showing to fellow panorama-maniacs ;-)
                                        Then in late 2008 early 2009 I transfered my clients panoramas to the server
                                        so thier visitors could see them.

                                        This shows that we have to know what kind of visitors we are dealing with.

                                        Safari visitors have raised from 1.5% to 5% during thr 3 years

                                        - Flemming
                                      • prague
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 23, 2010
                                          here are stats of browser usage from last 6 months on 360cities

                                          1.
                                          Internet Explorer
                                          45.61%

                                          2.
                                          Firefox
                                          30.55%
                                          3.
                                          Chrome
                                          9.82%

                                          4.
                                          Safari
                                          8.46%

                                          5.
                                          Opera
                                          4.75%

                                          so, IE is less than all the other browsers put together. but it's still very comfortably the majority.

                                          Out of IE users,

                                          version 8- 63.90%
                                          version 7 - 22.23%
                                          version 6 (we don't really support this anymore, nor does youtube or facebook): 13.82%
                                          version 9: 0.03%

                                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

                                          > to put the numbers in right perspective... IE is luckily going down.....
                                          >
                                          > of 5.000.000 visitors of a site since January 2010 until today: 47% IE, 30% FF, 8% Safari, 8% Crome, 5% Opera
                                          > of 500.000 visitors of a site in last 30 days : 41% IE, 29% FF, 11% Safari, 11% Crome, 5% Opera
                                          >
                                          > Willy

                                        • Fernando Costa Pinto
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 23, 2010
                                            Hi ,

                                            It would be interesting to know the origin of those visits.Because I am sure
                                            that there are big differences from region to region .. I can easily imagine
                                            that in NY or London or Prague the use of IE is lower than 45.61 ..but in
                                            other hand, in south America for example , the IE use is much much
                                            bigger..the vast majority ;-)
                                            Although I don't usually use the IE ..I (we) have a lot to thank to this
                                            browser for the work done in regard to Internet phenomena.Without Microsoft
                                            where would we be ?
                                            Would we have only apples and potatoes ? I prefer open windows to iron
                                            walls.

                                            Fernando
                                            Salvador Bahia
                                            Brazil

                                            On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 4:41 AM, prague <360cities@...> wrote:

                                            > here are stats of browser usage from last 6 months on 360cities
                                            >
                                            > 1.
                                            > Internet Explorer
                                            > 45.61%
                                            >
                                            > 2.
                                            > Firefox
                                            > 30.55%
                                            > 3.
                                            > Chrome
                                            > 9.82%
                                            >
                                            > 4.
                                            > Safari
                                            > 8.46%
                                            >
                                            > 5.
                                            > Opera
                                            > 4.75%
                                            >
                                            > so, IE is less than all the other browsers put together. but it's still
                                            > very comfortably the majority.
                                            >
                                            > Out of IE users,
                                            >
                                            > version 8- 63.90%
                                            > version 7 - 22.23%
                                            > version 6 (we don't really support this anymore, nor does youtube or
                                            > facebook): 13.82%
                                            > version 9: 0.03%
                                            >

                                            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Willy
                                            > Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > to put the numbers in right perspective... IE is luckily going down.....
                                            > >
                                            > > of 5.000.000 visitors of a site since January 2010 until today: 47% IE,
                                            > 30% FF, 8% Safari, 8% Crome, 5% Opera
                                            > > of 500.000 visitors of a site in last 30 days : 41% IE, 29% FF, 11%
                                            > Safari, 11% Crome, 5% Opera
                                            > >
                                            > > Willy

                                          • Hans
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 4, 2010
                                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fernando Costa Pinto <fcp.fernando@...> wrote:

                                              > Hi ,
                                              >
                                              > It would be interesting to know the origin of those visits.Because I am sure
                                              > that there are big differences from region to region .. I can easily imagine
                                              > that in NY or London or Prague the use of IE is lower than 45.61 ..but in
                                              > other hand, in south America for example , the IE use is much much
                                              > bigger..the vast majority ;-)
                                              > Although I don't usually use the IE ..I (we) have a lot to thank to this
                                              > browser for the work done in regard to Internet phenomena.Without Microsoft
                                              > where would we be ?
                                              > Would we have only apples and potatoes ? I prefer open windows to iron
                                              > walls.

                                              You can see the latest Global Stats here for any area or country.
                                              http://gs.statcounter.com/

                                              Hans