camera domes

  • tom_a_sparks
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
      I am think of using PVC pipes and 2 camera domes to waterproof my camera

      I am wondering if there are any camera domes that can prevents lens flares?
    • michael crane
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
        On Mon, September 6, 2010 8:41 am, tom_a_sparks wrote:
        > I am think of using PVC pipes and 2 camera domes to waterproof my camera

        I've wondered about this. I don't know how waterproof the front element
        is. perhaps if you were really carefull you could apply some silicon and
        then put the whole thing in a plastic bag with the lens poking out and
        taped.
      • onezebra1
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
          I paid around $700 for my 8 inch dome and the flare is not to bad.
          For around $2,000 you can get a glass dome that has a filter coating.

          Here you can view some of my underwater panos, and #10 was shot above water in the underwater housing, it was overcast when I shot it.
          http://www.indiavrtours.com/cats/tour.html

          Roger Berry

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "michael crane" <mick.crane@...> wrote:

          > On Mon, September 6, 2010 8:41 am, tom_a_sparks wrote:
          > > I am think of using PVC pipes and 2 camera domes to waterproof my camera
          > >

          > I've wondered about this. I don't know how waterproof the front element
          > is. perhaps if you were really carefull you could apply some silicon and
          > then put the whole thing in a plastic bag with the lens poking out and
          > taped.

        • Rick Drew
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
            Or buy a cheap underwater housing?

          • guillaume_fulchiron
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
              "onezebra1" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

              > Here you can view some of my underwater panos, and #10 was shot above water in the underwater housing, it was overcast when I shot it.
              > http://www.indiavrtours.com/cats/tour.html

              WOW !

              Cheers,

              G.

              > Roger Berry
            • Paulo Fernandes
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
                WOW indeed :)

                really nice, congrats.

                Com os melhores comprimentos,
                Best Regards,

                Paulo Fernandes
                Multim�dia

                Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
                Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
                4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
                Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375

                On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM, guillaume_fulchiron <
                guillaume.fulchiron@...> wrote:

                > "onezebra1" <onezebra1@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Here you can view some of my underwater panos, and #10 was shot above
                > water in the underwater housing, it was overcast when I shot it.
                > > http://www.indiavrtours.com/cats/tour.html
                >
                > WOW !
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > G.
                >

                > > Roger Berry

              • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
                  Amazing!

                  Envy you!

                  --
                  L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                  felipe@...

                • onezebra1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
                    On that pano #10 I had been in the pool for about 30 minuets and doing a lot of over/under shots, the dome port had gotten a little dirty by then where you can see it when looking up in the dark area under the roof.

                    Here's a shot showing me taking the underwater photos, this was the second time in the pool doing this and it went much better.
                    http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/tiger_pool.jpg

                    This tour I'm working is only about half done, please don't take any screen shots and post them on other sites.

                    Good luck finding a cheep housing with a large dome port!

                    Thanks,
                    Roger Berry

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "michael crane" <mick.crane@...> wrote:

                      > On Mon, September 6, 2010 8:41 am, tom_a_sparks wrote:
                      > > I am think of using PVC pipes and 2 camera domes to waterproof my camera
                      > >

                      > I've wondered about this. I don't know how waterproof the front element
                      > is. perhaps if you were really carefull you could apply some silicon and
                      > then put the whole thing in a plastic bag with the lens poking out and
                      > taped.

                      I did put my old kodak camera (3.1MP) in a plastic bag (no lens attachment)

                      tom
                    • tom_a_sparks
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 6, 2010
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

                        > Or buy a cheap underwater housing?
                        I did a quick google image search
                        the closes to my idea is http://mavericks360.com/images/Underwater%20Housing.jpg

                        forgot say I need to run a ethernet cable from the camera and have a 2 audio recording devices
                      • Arnau Ruiz de Villa i Menal
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 7, 2010
                          great!!!

                          --
                          Arnau Ruiz de Villa i Menal
                          http://arnau.ruizdevilla.net - (+34) 617 68 65 79

                        • rvHD
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 7, 2010
                            Le 7 sept. 10 à 04:37, onezebra1 a écrit :

                            Beautiful. Let us know when finished the tour.

                            Romuald