VR Photography update

  • Scott Highton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
      VR friends,

      I wanted to give you a quick update on my Virtual Reality Photography
      book and web site.

      There have been a number of great reviews of the book posted online.
      You can read some of them here:
      http://www.vrphotography.com/bookreviews.html

      Also, we are in the process of getting the book into several photo
      retail stores, as well as exploring third party international
      distribution, and are continuing efforts for an electronic e-book
      version. In the meantime, Virtual Reality Photography remains
      available for immediate ordering and worldwide shipping directly via:
      http://www.vrphotography.com/bookpromo.html
      (Note that all orders received through the vrphotography.com web site
      currently include author signature inside the front cover.)

      Thank you again for the tremendous support we've received from this
      community, not only through the book's sponsors, but from those of you
      who have purchased it. It has been very gratifying to read the many e-
      mail comments you all have been sending, and I very much appreciate
      you recommendations of the book to others.

      Regards,

      Scott

      Scott Highton
      Author, Virtual Reality Photography
      Web: http://www.vrphotography.com

      Virtual Reality Photography
      ISBN: 978-0-615-34223-8
      $44.95 (US)
      8.5"x11", full color
      320 pages with over 300 illustrations

    • Scott Highton
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24 11:45 PM
        VR friends,

        I wanted to give you a few VR Photography updates.

        1) My Virtual Reality Photography book is now available in preview
        form on GoogleBooks. There are extensive excerpts available for
        online searching. Simply go to: http://books.google.com and enter
        "virtual reality photography" in the search box. More than 60 pages
        of the book are presented at any given time, and the material is
        rotated regularly.

        2) Rangefinder Magazine, a popular photo industry publication, has
        just published a nice four page review of the book, written by Peter
        Skinner, in their April issue. To take a look go to:
        http://www.rangefindermag.com/storage/articles/RF0411_Highton_Skinner.pdf

        3) For those of you seeking a good excuse to travel to Europe, the
        International VR Photographers Association (IVRPA) is holding their
        annual International Panoramic Photography Festival and Conference
        from June 1�5 at the historic castle in Palmela, Portugal. This is a
        unique opportunity to spend time with, and learn from, some of the top
        panoramic and VR photographers in the world, as well as to see some of
        the latest technologies in both equipment and software. Space is
        filling fast. For registration and complete information, go to: http://www.palmela2011.com/

        Regards,