Re: [PanoToolsNG] Check the futuristic Canon Ultra High Resolution Panorama Camera

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
      So the 120 mega pixel CMOS is for panos... could we ask for anything more?
      :)

      Trausti

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
        What puzzles me is that while Canon engineers steam ahead with
        technological breakthroughs one after the other, down to earth stuff
        easy to implement that costs only a firmware update to fix like easy
        multishot features with MLU that could ease our HDR workflow or a damn
        GPS chip embeded in the camera are so hard to get.

        That stuff that every cell phone now has embeded in would deffinetelly
        need to find they way into cameras, yet, Canon suits seem difficult to
        figure it out!!!

        Os melhores cumprimentos,
        Best regards,

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        On 02-09-2010 11:25, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
        > So the 120 mega pixel CMOS is for panos... could we ask for anything more?
        > :)
        >
        > Trausti

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
          Are photographers -- as a group -- fat?

          Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com wrote:
          > This just stunned me:
          >
          > http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/canon-expo.shtml
          >
          > Scroll down to the Ultra High Resolution Panorama Camera
          >
          > What the heck?
          > I thought Canon didn't give shit about the panoramas niche market, given
          > their misses in the current camera lineup!
          > My mouth is watering already...
          >
          > And don't miss the movie in the bottom of the page too, check the
          > gorgeous circular displays there too, could use some panoramas tough ;-)

        • John Riley
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
            On Sep 2, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Ken Warner wrote:

            > Are photographers -- as a group -- fat?

            I resemble that remark!

            John Riley
            johnriley@...