panoramic video research

  • Tom Sparks
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
      I am do some research about my option for doing panoramic videos

      I have chosen dual-fisheye setup (spherecam like)
      two full-HD (1920×1080)@25fps cameras

      Witch one of the projection types (Equirectangular, cubic) give me the best image quality to file size?

      What screen size should I focus for (320x240, 640x480, 800x600)?

      I know about flash video (Sorenson Spark or VP6) and H.264
      but what about using Mjpeg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_JPEG) ?

      tom_a_sparks
      Light travels faster then sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
    • Jan Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
        Hi Tom,

        you could check out http://diy-streetview.org for my video experiments with