Re: local pano viewer for mac?

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010
      Am 01.09.2010 15:15, schrieb Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com:
      > FSP is really great, no need to generate additional flash or mov files
      > just to dheck how the pano is at some stage in the workflow.

      Same applies to DevalVR standalone player.

      BTW.: Isn't it possible to use a Java based player standalone on Mac?

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2010

        > Am 01.09.2010 15:15, schrieb Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com:
        > > FSP is really great, no need to generate additional flash or mov files
        > > just to dheck how the pano is at some stage in the workflow.
        >
        > Same applies to DevalVR standalone player.
        >
        > BTW.: Isn't it possible to use a Java based player standalone on Mac?

        I can view 20.000x10.000 with previewer.
        Can you do that with Java.?

        I hope that I can view even larger when it gets updated to 64 bit.

        Hans
      • prague
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2010
          Sorry. I forgot to specify -

          an EQUIRECT player.

          like on a PC, the beautiful DevalVR player - drop an equirect on it, and view the pano.

          I absolutely don't want Quicktime or Flash player - building a pano file in order to view it locally seems like a waste of time...

          thanks,
          jeffrey
        • Hans
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2010
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <360cities@...> wrote:

            > Sorry. I forgot to specify -
            >
            > an EQUIRECT player.
            >
            > like on a PC, the beautiful DevalVR player - drop an equirect on it, and view the pano.
            >
            > I absolutely don't want Quicktime or Flash player - building a pano file in order to view it locally seems like a waste of time...
            >
            > thanks,
            As already mentioned Brians Panopreviwer in Photoshop
            http://www.pangeasoft.net/pano/plugin/panopreviewer.html

            I do not understand why he says that it does not work properly in CS4.
            It is not updated for CS5 64bit so you need to run CS5 as 32bit. It's the same for Noise Ninja, they have also not updated to 64 bit yet.

            I actually run both CS4 in 32 and CS5 in CS5 because of this.

            Panopreviewer for large panoramas works best if you reduce the memory in Photoshop just like other plugins because this allows more memory to the plugin.
            To view a 20.000 pano I need to set my CS4 to only 1 Gb. This is why an update to 64 bit will improve it conciderably.

            Another option nobody has mentioned is Spi-V. Aldo still has it for download here
            http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads

            I have not used it for many years but I just downloded the standalone and it works fine.
            Tested it with an 14800x7400 and to my surprise it worked. (iMac i7 8 GB ram)

            However it took 20 sec with black window to convert the equirectangular to cubes for viewing. A 6000x3000 opens in 3 sec.

            Hans
          • Keith Martin
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2010
              Sometime around 2/9/10 (at 07:57 +0000) prague said:

              >I absolutely don't want Quicktime or Flash player - building a pano
              >file in order to view it locally seems like a waste of time...

              I see what you mean. Although it does depend partly what you're
              looking for when you view it. I generally want to see the effect of a
              particular combination of pixel size and JPEG compression derived
              from my max-size 16-bit TIFF equirect. Can't do that without building
              a pano, really. Or spitting out an optimised JPEG equirect, at least,
              at which point it makes little difference. :-)

            • Carl von Einem
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 2, 2010
                The wiki lists a lot of different viewers
                http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers

                Have a look at the section about "Stand alone Viewers"... Panini by
                TKSharpless hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread. Though it does not
                support dropping equirects on it as you asked for it works nicely if you
                just open a file via the menu.

                Download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvqt/ and give it a try.
                It's a cute box of tricks and lets you explore different projections.

                Carl

                Posted by: "prague" jefffreymartin
                > Date: Thu Sep 2, 2010 12:57 am (PDT)
                >
                > Sorry. I forgot to specify - an EQUIRECT player.
                > like on a PC, the beautiful DevalVR player - drop an equirect on it,
                > and view the pano.
              • toni.garbasso
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 3, 2010
                  Thnx Carl, Panini works great on Mac!
                  Some little adjustments in the UI can be made...

                  Any news about Pangea? Still waiting the PS plug-in for CS5...

                  Toni