Total Immersion Cinema

  • panometr
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 24, 2010
      Hi,

      Igloo Vision's 360-degree screen and Ladybug3 was presented in Gadget Show.
      http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/challenge/total-immersion-cinema-complete (http://bit.ly/9U11vY)

      Karol Kwiatek
      University of Plymouth
      www.360stories.net

      Follow me on Twitter if you want to know more about 360video and immersive spaces: www.twitter.com/uop360
    • Flemming V. Larsen
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 24, 2010
        I get a black box saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed
        from your current country or location" ??
        - Flemming, Denmark
      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 24, 2010
          Same here in Peru... no viewing of the video allowed.

          That is digitalized racism if there ever was such a thing.

          Trausti

          On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
          <fvl@...>wrote:

          > I get a black box saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be
          > viewed
          > from your current country or location" ??
          > - Flemming, Denmark

        • Kelly Bellis
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
            Me too (from US). Suppose it was ever real?

            At 01:48 AM 8/25/2010, you wrote:

            >I get a black box saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed
            >from your current country or location" ??
            >- Flemming, Denmark

          • Ian Wood
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
              It works fine here in the UK, so I assume that because it's an episode of a current UK TV series it's limited to the UK until foreign distribution rights are sorted out.

              In just the same way that in the UK I get restrictions on watching US TV episodes on the channel's websites. :-(

              Ian

              On 25 Aug 2010, at 09:34, Kelly Bellis wrote:

              > Me too (from US). Suppose it was ever real?
              >
              > At 01:48 AM 8/25/2010, you wrote:
              >>

              >> I get a black box saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed
              >> from your current country or location" ??
              >> - Flemming, Denmark

            • paul womack
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
                > Same here in Peru... no viewing of the video allowed.
                >
                > That is digitalized racism if there ever was such a thing.

                Unless technology has moved on, I think it's
                merely "nationalism".

                BugBear
              • Keith Martin
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                  >That is digitalized racism if there ever was such a thing.

                  There may be, but this isn't it. This is location, not race, specific.

                  "Locationist"?

                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                    Could be... or multi digitalized racism... considering that I am Icelandic
                    in Peru... it's obviously not single race specific discrimination... They
                    are going global this time!

                    Seriously though... this is of course due to the regional distribution
                    rights. They sell the rights, and that is what decides where the material
                    can be viewed. Inconvenient for curious minds, but completely
                    understandable.

                    Same thing can be seen on many other online video fronts.

                    Trausti

                    On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:

                    > >That is digitalized racism if there ever was such a thing.
                    >
                    > There may be, but this isn't it. This is location, not race, specific.
                    >
                    > "Locationist"?

                  • Ian Wood
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                      On 25 Aug 2010, at 10:29, Keith Martin wrote:

                      >> That is digitalized racism if there ever was such a thing.
                      >
                      > There may be, but this isn't it. This is location, not race, specific.
                      >
                      > "Locationist"?

                      "IP addressist"?

                      ;-P

                      Ian
                    • Willy Kaemena
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                        It is apparently a TV channel and not permitted to transmit "abroad"

                        weird issues of rights of transmission

                        Willy
                        On Aug 25, 2010, at 11:29, Keith Martin wrote:

                        > >That is digitalized racism if there ever was such a thing.
                        >
                        > There may be, but this isn't it. This is location, not race, specific.
                        >
                        > "Locationist"?

                      • AYRTON
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                          Me too in Brazil
                          Rio de Janeiro

                          :-(

                          On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                          <fvl@...>wrote:

                          > I get a black box saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be
                          > viewed
                          > from your current country or location" ??
                          > - Flemming, Denmark

                          ------------
                          | A Y R |
                          | T O N |
                        • Wim Koornneef
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 25, 2010
                            Just as many others I got the dreadful black box message.
                            This is really so as the web not should be..
                            Some time ago I tried to download a Doctor Who game at the website of the
                            BBC, I was then also out of luck for the same reason "UK only"....
                            I don't have a positive feeling about this kind of discrimination :-(

                            Wim
                          • Scott Witte
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 26, 2010
                              A friend forwarded a copy to me. Personally I wouldn't get too upset
                              about missing this. It's entertaining but nothing we haven't seen
                              demonstrated on this or the QTVR list for years and frankly, not much
                              new when you consider "Circle Vision
                              <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle-Vision_360%C2%B0>" has been around
                              for decades. I remember being wowed by that at Epcot back in the 80s.

                              --
                              Scott Witte

                              <http://www.scottwitte.com/>
                              <http://www.tourdeforce360.com/>
                              414.345.9660
                              Member, IVRPA

                            • Ian Wood
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 26, 2010
                                Missing the TV episode or missing the actual event in Plymouth next month?

                                Ian

                                On 26 Aug 2010, at 16:35, Scott Witte wrote:

                                > A friend forwarded a copy to me. Personally I wouldn't get too upset
                                > about missing this. It's entertaining but nothing we haven't seen
                                > demonstrated on this or the QTVR list for years and frankly, not much
                                > new when you consider "Circle Vision
                                > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle-Vision_360%C2%B0>" has been around
                                > for decades. I remember being wowed by that at Epcot back in the 80s.
                                >

                                > On 8/24/2010 5:53 PM, panometr wrote:
                                >> Igloo Vision's 360-degree screen and Ladybug3 was presented in Gadget
                                >> Show.
                                >> http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/challenge/total-immersion-cinema-complete
                                >> (http://bit.ly/9U11vY)
                                >>

                                > --
                                > Scott Witte
                              • Scott Witte
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 26, 2010
                                  Oh! The TV episode, of course. If the 360 festival were anywhere near
                                  me I'd be there in a minute. Looking at the program I think it would be
                                  great fun for anyone.

                                  Even if the the idea and execution of 360 video has been around for
                                  decades seeing what people are doing with it today, how they are taking
                                  it forward, would be fascinating. I only meant that people shouldn't
                                  feel they really missed something extraordinary by missing the show. IMHO.

                                  Scott

                                  On 8/26/2010 10:51 AM, Ian Wood wrote:
                                  > Missing the TV episode or missing the actual event in Plymouth next month?

                                  --
                                  Scott Witte

                                  <http://www.scottwitte.com/>
                                  <http://www.tourdeforce360.com/>
                                  414.345.9660
                                  Member, IVRPA

                                • Ricardo TVB
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 26, 2010
                                    Someone using Windows Server 2008R2?

                                    I need to test the following link:
                                    http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br/tour_virtual_nannai/
                                    One client reported a system crash (blue screen).

                                    Thanks in advance,

                                    Ricardo

                                  • Sacha Griffin
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 26, 2010
                                      I'm beginning to really dislike threaded email readers.

                                      There doesn't seem to be anything one can do about people destroying the
                                      thread.

                                      What was the original subject here?

                                      One client reported a system crash (blue screen).

                                      Thanks in advance,

                                      Ricardo

                                      .

                                      d=44148/stime=1282856006/nc1=5733768/nc2=6083913/nc3=4025291>

                                    • Matthew Rogers
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Aug 26, 2010
                                        I know, is it so difficult to understand that if you want to discuss a NEW TOPIC send a NEW EMAIL. DO NOT REPLY to an EXISTING EMAIL and simply change the subject.

                                        This comes up all the time yet it just seems impossible for some to grasp simple concepts. My mind boggles how some people can handle more difficult concepts like turning on a camera, let-alone stitch a series of images together, sheesh.

                                        Matt