Microsoft ICE

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 23, 2010
      I had not used ICE in a couple of months (ICE is the Microsoft - PC - only
      free pano stitcher) and just downloaded the newest version. I had a multirow
      pano, 60 images. Autopano GIGA crashed in my 32 bit system. PTgui had
      several stitching errors. ICS stitched a 360 pano flawlessly! I was shocked
      - the last time I tried ICE, the results were mediocre - now they are
      amazing. Alignment took about 1/3 the time as the other programs. The actual
      stitching time was about the same.

      So I would definitely add ICE to your arsenal of pano tools!

      Rick Drew

    • Roger Howard
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 25, 2010
        On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM, David <dburton97128@...> wrote:

        > Any lawyers can speak up, but my understanding of derivative works is a
        > modified, expanded, etc. application making use of their binaries or source
        > code. -Not a picture you would stitch with it.
        >
        > Having clarified that, they still say at the top of the agreement
        > "non-commercial use only".

        The issue isn't the derivative works clause - I don't believe an image would
        qualify as a derivative work of the software. The issue is the "use" clause
        - it's clear that the EULA says (removing the irrelevant parts to make the
        meaning more clear) that "you may not use... this Software... in any form
        for commercial purposes". I can't see how it can be interepreted any other
        way.

        Again, this is about the use restrictions of the software, not the use or
        distribution of derivatives of the software.