Re: OT - color negative scanning for my dad

  • robert
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 20, 2010
      Jeffery, if you need to sort the good from the bad you first need to go back a step and not think about scanning each frame, scan a "contact" sheet. Not sure how your dad's negatives are being keep right now, but if there not in plastic archival sleeves then it'
      time to put them into these. Get the sheets appropriate for how the negatives are cut.

      Once that's done, now you have an excuse to buy a Epson 750 scanner and scan contact sheets without removing the negative from the safety of their sleeves. while this is NOT going to produce anything you would want to use other than being able to select the images you probably want and those you don't.

      And as a added benefit, given these are family photo's perhaps, you can scan in bulk if you need to, or even go for much higher quality and use the wet mount system with this scanner.

      If you find some real gems, then have them professionally done to get all that you can from them.

      Regards,

      Robert
    • Eric O'Brien
      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 26, 2010
        Excellent!

        I happen to own ViewScan, but you beat me to this experiment. ;)

        What fun.

        eo