RE: [PanoToolsNG] 3.8 spherical of Yosemite and others.

  • August F. Young III
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      Very Impressive work :-)

      What are you waiting for?

      August Young Maestrotainment/August Young Photography
      Actor/Photographer/Computer Tech/Graphic Designer/DJ
      Myspace http://www.myspace.com/maestro72x
      august@...
      www.augustyoungphotography.com <http://www.augustyoungphotography.com/>
      AIM: maestro72x
      mobile: 310-926-8442
      <http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=310-926-8442&Email=a
      fy@...>

      <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=12885470650&v0=1126709&k0=1123436499> Add
      me to your address book... <http://www.plaxo.com/signature> Want a
      signature like this?

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        We used a PixOrb, a 1Ds Mark II and a 100mm lens to shoot ~350 images
        > for the spherical panoramas,

        Hi Greg, very nice work, would love to see the "real" or full sized
        images, thanks for showing this.

        I'm curious about one thing however. When you shoot a spherical with a
        100mm lens, at what point(s) are you changing the focus point(s) to
        shoot the down shots and with a setup like this you must be using a
        boom arm to shoot the final nadir work?

        Regards,

        Robert Harshman
        www.robertharshman.com
      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          greg downing wrote:
          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I just posted a website of some very high resolution panoramas that can be
          > navigated via the google maps API. [snip]
          > http://www.xrez.com/
          >
          > -Greg

          This is simply amazing. The Google maps API is perfect for this.

          --
          Jim Watters

          jwatters @ photocreations . ca
          http://photocreations.ca
        • gregoryallandowning
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            > Hi Greg, very nice work, would love to see the "real" or full sized
            > images, thanks for showing this.

            Hi Robert, think you may have missed that you can click on the image
            and it will open full screen allowing you to explore the full resolution.

            > I'm curious about one thing however. When you shoot a spherical with a
            > 100mm lens, at what point(s) are you changing the focus point(s) to
            > shoot the down shots and with a setup like this you must be using a
            > boom arm to shoot the final nadir work?

            We did not shoot the nadir nor did we change the focus. In the spi-v
            view we cloned the rock we were standing on into the nadir, in the
            flat view we just cropped it out because it is so distorted anyway.
          • robert_harshman
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
              > Hi Robert, think you may have missed that you can click on the image
              > and it will open full screen allowing you to explore the full
              resolution.

              Hi Greg,

              Thanks for the update, and yes while I saw and looked at the zoomify?
              presentation or flat presentation, amazing detail, I should have been
              clearer.

              I would love to see the highest res QTVR presentation. I mean if your
              generating a 3.8 gixapixel source image of 90,000 by 45,000 pixels
              then a single cubic face would be around 30,000 pixels? And of course
              the mov file would be massive too even with the highest JPG
              compression possible.

              The QTVR of Yosemite on your site I guess is probably about 2
              megabytes in size and like most highly compressed VR's gets soft very
              quickly if you zoom in. Thats a massive reduction in size from the
              3.8 gigapixels.

              For a DVD version have you found a resonable limit on file size
              verses the ability of the hardware/software to rotate the VR without
              too much stepping or....

              Regards,

              Robert Harshman
              www.robertharshman.com