Re: [PanoToolsNG] FW: PanoTools Group Invitation

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
      Robert C. Fisher wrote:
      > sad isn't it!
      >
      > I wish John S. would just give it up!

      The problem is: you can't tell someone with an attitude they've got an
      attitude because they're got an attitude and they don't want to listen.

      We *MUST* respond to his lies and accusations now. Waiting for him to
      stop won't ever happen even if we wait until the Earth crashes into the
      Sun or Bill Gates goes broke (which ever comes first).

      > On Nov 30, 2006, at 8:30 PM, PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... wrote:
      >
      >> I was just going to compare the recent changes between the two wikis.
      >>
      >> http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?
      >> title=Special:Recentchanges
      >> compared to, for example...
      >> http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Recentchanges
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> DM
      >>

      > Cheers
      > Robert C. Fisher
      > VR Photography/Cinematography

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
        Bert Vierstra wrote:
        > On 12/1/06, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I wish John S. would just give it up!
        >
        > He will not, never. He does exactly what he likes, and feels great.
        >
        > This is just where its all about, getting attention, searching for
        > conflicts.

        And by not responding we risk all. Keep in mind what Joseph Goebbels said:

        “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will
        and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
        important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
        the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
        truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

        No, I'm not sinking to the level of Godwin's Law, rather I won't go
        meekly to the showers, I WILL FIGHT all the way until I'm either free or
        dead.

        We *MUST* respond to his lies and allegations and we must do it now.

        > He never did anything wrong, and knows best. The world is against him,
        > and he feels he has the right to defend himself against all the injustice.
        > Its all their fault.
        >
        > Here some wikis for JS:
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • Blake Michaelson
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
          A simple "word to the wise" would have sufficed, but thanks for the
          head's up! Now let's end this worthless thread. There is so much
          intelligence in this particular community there has got to be a better
          way to rise above these types of petty discussions. Beat me up with
          link after link to perspicacious PTGui workflows highlighting my
          inability to correctly stitch panos instead, now that would be useful!

          Bert Vierstra wrote:

          > On 12/1/06, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...
          > <mailto:bob%40rcfisher.com>> wrote:
          >
          > > I wish John S. would just give it up!
          >
          > He will not, never. He does exactly what he likes, and feels great.
          >
          > This is just where its all about, getting attention, searching for
          > conflicts.
          >
          > He never did anything wrong, and knows best. The world is against him,
          > and he feels he has the right to defend himself against all the injustice.
          > Its all their fault.
          >
          > Here some wikis for JS:
          >
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder>
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder>
          >
          > --
          > best regards,
          >
          > Bert Vierstra
          >
          > http://www.360rage.com/ <http://www.360rage.com/>
          > http://www.bali3d.com/ <http://www.bali3d.com/>

        • Kathy Wheeler
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
            On 01/12/2006, at 6:39 PM, Blake Michaelson wrote:

            > A simple "word to the wise" would have sufficed, but thanks for the
            > head's up! Now let's end this worthless thread. There is so much
            > intelligence in this particular community there has got to be a better
            > way to rise above these types of petty discussions. Beat me up with
            > link after link to perspicacious PTGui workflows highlighting my
            > inability to correctly stitch panos instead, now that would be useful!

            Thank you Blake for your insightful suggestion. I wholeheartedly
            agree. Then I can go back to hunting for links to full screen QT file
            size / quality / compression type / etc recommendations and code ...
            got a wonderful pano of a series of storms that went through here a
            couple of weeks ago (my first PTGui Mac project!! So much easier than
            stitching by hand with the PanoTools photoshop plugin') and there is
            soooo much info to wade throu ....

            Cheers,
            KathyW.
          • Carl von Einem
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
              Let me please close this thread and ask everyone to not forward such a
              message to this list in the first place. Instead (and according to the User
              Guidelines <http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines>) please inform the
              moderators at <PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com>. You can always find that
              address e.g. at the bottom of
              <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/>

              A better place to discuss topics like this is
              <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools-List/>

              Carl
              (Moderator)
            • Ian
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
                Political and management discussions have no place on this list as it is for discussion of
                panoramas and related topics. This is the kind of off-topic discussion that bought the
                previous Yahoo group to it's knees and is irritating for those who are trying to discuss
                panoramas.

                There is a specific place for these discussions and that place is PanoTools-List. The topic is
                being discussed there, if you are interested please sign up at http://groups.yahoo.com/
                group/Panotools-List/ .

                Ian Wood, on behalf of the moderators of the PanoToolsNG list.