Re: [PanoToolsNG] FW: PanoTools Group Invitation

  • listmail@mab3d.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
      On Nov 30, 2006, at 11:30 PM, PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... wrote:

      > I was just going to compare the recent changes between the two wikis.
      >
      > http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?
      > title=Special:Recentchanges
      > compared to, for example...
      > http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Recentchanges

      It's pretty obvious which one is an actual "community website and
      wiki" updated regularly by the local experts, and which one is just a
      bitterly edited copy, isn't it? ;-)

      Thanks for doing just that, DM!

      When you compare this vibrant and helpful community of 1100 members
      (PanoToolsNG) to a single crank's lonely website which is (on
      alternate days) covered in spiteful propaganda or just full of
      scraped content from this group, there really isn't much to think about.

      If you want a real treat, take a screenshot of the main page of his
      forum today, and in a week take another and compare them. The total
      number of posts and topics *goes down* as he edits his own rants from
      the boards (under various usernames). And sadly, now he is back to
      trying spam like that email just to get enough page hits to the ads
      on his site to cover the server costs, much less make the "profit" he
      wanted to get from the old PanoTools group before he wrecked it.

      Of course, all of this is just my opinion - but I doubt you will find
      it *unedited* in his "archive" of this mailing list... ;-)

      -Mark
    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
        sad isn't it!

        I wish John S. would just give it up!

        On Nov 30, 2006, at 8:30 PM, PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... wrote:

        > I was just going to compare the recent changes between the two wikis.
        >
        > http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?
        > title=Special:Recentchanges
        > compared to, for example...
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Recentchanges
        >
        > Cheers,
        > DM

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography/Cinematography
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
          Robert C. Fisher wrote:
          > sad isn't it!
          >
          > I wish John S. would just give it up!

          The problem is: you can't tell someone with an attitude they've got an
          attitude because they're got an attitude and they don't want to listen.

          We *MUST* respond to his lies and accusations now. Waiting for him to
          stop won't ever happen even if we wait until the Earth crashes into the
          Sun or Bill Gates goes broke (which ever comes first).

          > On Nov 30, 2006, at 8:30 PM, PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... wrote:
          >
          >> I was just going to compare the recent changes between the two wikis.
          >>
          >> http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?
          >> title=Special:Recentchanges
          >> compared to, for example...
          >> http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Recentchanges
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >> DM
          >>

          > Cheers
          > Robert C. Fisher
          > VR Photography/Cinematography

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Bert Vierstra
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
            On 12/1/06, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...> wrote:

            > I wish John S. would just give it up!

            He will not, never. He does exactly what he likes, and feels great.

            This is just where its all about, getting attention, searching for conflicts.

            He never did anything wrong, and knows best. The world is against him,
            and he feels he has the right to defend himself against all the injustice.
            Its all their fault.

            Here some wikis for JS:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

            --
            best regards,

            Bert Vierstra

            http://www.360rage.com/
            http://www.bali3d.com/
          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
              Bert Vierstra wrote:
              > On 12/1/06, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...> wrote:
              >
              >> I wish John S. would just give it up!
              >
              > He will not, never. He does exactly what he likes, and feels great.
              >
              > This is just where its all about, getting attention, searching for
              > conflicts.

              And by not responding we risk all. Keep in mind what Joseph Goebbels said:

              “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will
              and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
              important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
              the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
              truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

              No, I'm not sinking to the level of Godwin's Law, rather I won't go
              meekly to the showers, I WILL FIGHT all the way until I'm either free or
              dead.

              We *MUST* respond to his lies and allegations and we must do it now.

              > He never did anything wrong, and knows best. The world is against him,
              > and he feels he has the right to defend himself against all the injustice.
              > Its all their fault.
              >
              > Here some wikis for JS:
              >
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • Blake Michaelson
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
                A simple "word to the wise" would have sufficed, but thanks for the
                head's up! Now let's end this worthless thread. There is so much
                intelligence in this particular community there has got to be a better
                way to rise above these types of petty discussions. Beat me up with
                link after link to perspicacious PTGui workflows highlighting my
                inability to correctly stitch panos instead, now that would be useful!

                Bert Vierstra wrote:

                > On 12/1/06, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...
                > <mailto:bob%40rcfisher.com>> wrote:
                >
                > > I wish John S. would just give it up!
                >
                > He will not, never. He does exactly what he likes, and feels great.
                >
                > This is just where its all about, getting attention, searching for
                > conflicts.
                >
                > He never did anything wrong, and knows best. The world is against him,
                > and he feels he has the right to defend himself against all the injustice.
                > Its all their fault.
                >
                > Here some wikis for JS:
                >
                > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
                > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder>
                > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
                > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder>
                >
                > --
                > best regards,
                >
                > Bert Vierstra
                >
                > http://www.360rage.com/ <http://www.360rage.com/>
                > http://www.bali3d.com/ <http://www.bali3d.com/>

              • Kathy Wheeler
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
                  On 01/12/2006, at 6:39 PM, Blake Michaelson wrote:

                  > A simple "word to the wise" would have sufficed, but thanks for the
                  > head's up! Now let's end this worthless thread. There is so much
                  > intelligence in this particular community there has got to be a better
                  > way to rise above these types of petty discussions. Beat me up with
                  > link after link to perspicacious PTGui workflows highlighting my
                  > inability to correctly stitch panos instead, now that would be useful!

                  Thank you Blake for your insightful suggestion. I wholeheartedly
                  agree. Then I can go back to hunting for links to full screen QT file
                  size / quality / compression type / etc recommendations and code ...
                  got a wonderful pano of a series of storms that went through here a
                  couple of weeks ago (my first PTGui Mac project!! So much easier than
                  stitching by hand with the PanoTools photoshop plugin') and there is
                  soooo much info to wade throu ....

                  Cheers,
                  KathyW.
                • Carl von Einem
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
                    Let me please close this thread and ask everyone to not forward such a
                    message to this list in the first place. Instead (and according to the User
                    Guidelines <http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines>) please inform the
                    moderators at <PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com>. You can always find that
                    address e.g. at the bottom of
                    <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/>

                    A better place to discuss topics like this is
                    <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools-List/>

                    Carl
                    (Moderator)
                  • Ian
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
                      Political and management discussions have no place on this list as it is for discussion of
                      panoramas and related topics. This is the kind of off-topic discussion that bought the
                      previous Yahoo group to it's knees and is irritating for those who are trying to discuss
                      panoramas.

                      There is a specific place for these discussions and that place is PanoTools-List. The topic is
                      being discussed there, if you are interested please sign up at http://groups.yahoo.com/
                      group/Panotools-List/ .

                      Ian Wood, on behalf of the moderators of the PanoToolsNG list.