Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT:- For all Mac users!

  • 360 Precision
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
      So, show me one user that's ever been effected by any of these
      loopholes. You have to keep in mind that these loopholes can only be
      exploited by being at the users machine or having direct access to
      the network.

      Compared to the zillion virus, spyware and other issues on Windows
      posting links to these types of stories is grasping at straws and is
      rather weak. Just remember that there's NO spyware or a single virus
      on OS X so chew on that.

      Matt

      On 30 Nov 2006, at 20:09, tflyfish2002 wrote:

      > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
      > any security issues.
      >
      > Bazzer

    • John Brownlow
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
        all computers have security issues

        Apple just fixed a bunch of things that there are NO KNOWN EXPLOITS for

        This is basically like maintaining your garden fence

        Number of known mac viruses in the wild: 0

        --
        John Brownlow
        Deep Fried Films, Inc
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
          On Thu, November 30, 2006 12:09 pm, tflyfish2002 wrote:
          > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
          > any security issues.

          -1 troll.
          -1 strawman.
        • 360 Precision
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
            -1 joker :)

            On 30 Nov 2006, at 20:47, Roger Howard wrote:

            > On Thu, November 30, 2006 12:09 pm, tflyfish2002 wrote:
            > > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not
            > have
            > > any security issues.
            > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6159071.stm
            >
            > -1 troll.
            > -1 strawman.

          • Kathy Wheeler
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
              Enough people. This is too far OT and unnecessarily personal. Please
              consider this thread closed.

              KathyW, Moderator.

              On 01/12/2006, at 7:09 AM, tflyfish2002 wrote:

              > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
              > any security issues.
              >
              > Bazzer

            • tflyfish2002
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                I was just pointing to the link. But if there are no known exploits
                then why fix it? Apple just doesn' want to admit that there has been
                reported problems, otherwise how would they know?
                This is the end of the thread for me before I get any more angry mac
                users flaming me!

                Baz

                - In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, John Brownlow <john.brownlow@...> wrote:

                > all computers have security issues
                >
                > Apple just fixed a bunch of things that there are NO KNOWN EXPLOITS for
                >
                > This is basically like maintaining your garden fence
                >
                > Number of known mac viruses in the wild: 0
                >

                > On Nov 30, 2006, at 3:09 PM, tflyfish2002 wrote:
                >
                > > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
                > > any security issues.
                > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6159071.stm
                > >
                > > Bazzer
                > >

                > --
                > John Brownlow
                > Deep Fried Films, Inc

              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                  Kathy Wheeler wrote:
                  > Enough people. This is too far OT and unnecessarily personal. Please
                  > consider this thread closed.

                  Oh, Jeeze, Mom, it was just getting exciting.

                  > KathyW, Moderator.
                  >

                  > On 01/12/2006, at 7:09 AM, tflyfish2002 wrote:
                  >
                  >> Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
                  >> any security issues.
                  >>
                  >> Bazzer

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large