OT:- For all Mac users!

  • tflyfish2002
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
      Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
      any security issues.

      Bazzer
    • 360 Precision
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
        So, show me one user that's ever been effected by any of these
        loopholes. You have to keep in mind that these loopholes can only be
        exploited by being at the users machine or having direct access to
        the network.

        Compared to the zillion virus, spyware and other issues on Windows
        posting links to these types of stories is grasping at straws and is
        rather weak. Just remember that there's NO spyware or a single virus
        on OS X so chew on that.

        Matt

        On 30 Nov 2006, at 20:09, tflyfish2002 wrote:

        > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
        > any security issues.
        >
        > Bazzer

      • John Brownlow
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
          all computers have security issues

          Apple just fixed a bunch of things that there are NO KNOWN EXPLOITS for

          This is basically like maintaining your garden fence

          Number of known mac viruses in the wild: 0

          --
          John Brownlow
          Deep Fried Films, Inc
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
            On Thu, November 30, 2006 12:09 pm, tflyfish2002 wrote:
            > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
            > any security issues.

            -1 troll.
            -1 strawman.
          • 360 Precision
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
              -1 joker :)

              On 30 Nov 2006, at 20:47, Roger Howard wrote:

              > On Thu, November 30, 2006 12:09 pm, tflyfish2002 wrote:
              > > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not
              > have
              > > any security issues.
              > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6159071.stm
              >
              > -1 troll.
              > -1 strawman.

            • Kathy Wheeler
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                Enough people. This is too far OT and unnecessarily personal. Please
                consider this thread closed.

                KathyW, Moderator.

                On 01/12/2006, at 7:09 AM, tflyfish2002 wrote:

                > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
                > any security issues.
                >
                > Bazzer

              • tflyfish2002
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                  I was just pointing to the link. But if there are no known exploits
                  then why fix it? Apple just doesn' want to admit that there has been
                  reported problems, otherwise how would they know?
                  This is the end of the thread for me before I get any more angry mac
                  users flaming me!

                  Baz

                  - In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, John Brownlow <john.brownlow@...> wrote:

                  > all computers have security issues
                  >
                  > Apple just fixed a bunch of things that there are NO KNOWN EXPLOITS for
                  >
                  > This is basically like maintaining your garden fence
                  >
                  > Number of known mac viruses in the wild: 0
                  >

                  > On Nov 30, 2006, at 3:09 PM, tflyfish2002 wrote:
                  >
                  > > Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
                  > > any security issues.
                  > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6159071.stm
                  > >
                  > > Bazzer
                  > >

                  > --
                  > John Brownlow
                  > Deep Fried Films, Inc

                • Pat Swovelin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                    Kathy Wheeler wrote:
                    > Enough people. This is too far OT and unnecessarily personal. Please
                    > consider this thread closed.

                    Oh, Jeeze, Mom, it was just getting exciting.

                    > KathyW, Moderator.
                    >

                    > On 01/12/2006, at 7:09 AM, tflyfish2002 wrote:
                    >
                    >> Please have a look at this link and now tell me that Mac does not have
                    >> any security issues.
                    >>
                    >> Bazzer

                    Pat Swovelin
                    Cool Guy @ Large