FOV Comparison

  • bmpdb
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Has anyone compiled a list comparing the horizontal & vertical angles
      of view of EF and EF-S lenses (and others)?
      I.E. an 18mm EF-S on a 350D body in portrait orientation... How many
      images with sufficient overlap are needed for
      a full 360 degree cylinder with accurate stitch?
      I Googled but could not find such a reference document.

      Alex
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
        Alex,

        I use this calculator - http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/photos/angles.html. It is
        a very flexible one, allowing you to choose what sensor size and lens focal
        length you are working with.

        Mark
        www.pinnacle-vr.com
        www.northernlight.net

      • Alex
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
          Thanks Mark. That's outstanding. Very handy.
          Alex