AW: [PanoToolsNG] Need a break ?

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 30, 2006
      jean-marc:
      great pano - i really enjoyed it.
      thnaks for sharing your technic too.

      ciao
      mike

      -------------------------

      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com]Im Auftrag von Jean-Marc Paratte
      Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. November 2006 23:22
      An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: RE: [PanoToolsNG] Need a break ?

      >Jean-Marc Paratte wrote:
      >> A view from Paris, Tour Eiffel, last saturday.
      >> Strong wind, about 80 to 100 km/h, 3rd level closed to people.
      >
      >You can easily tell how windy it is by looking at the smoke from the
      >fire (45 degrees to the left on the horizon). I'll be it was really
      >cold too.

      This year, weather is "warm", about 15°C.
      Last year at same date, about 0°C.

      >> http://www.items.ch/panoramas/panorama.asp?filenum=329 (qt, 2mb)
      >>
      >> In front: Le Quai Branly, La Seine, Le Pont d'Eéna, Le Palais de
      Chaillot,
      >> Le Trocadéro
      >> and in rear: La Défense (La Grande-Arche).
      >>
      >> Turn right, before the 1rst bridge, after La Seine: L'Arc de Triomphe .
      >>
      >> Full right: the sad Pont de l'Alma (the 2nd bridge)
      >> and in rear the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur (small hill).
      >
      >Thanks for the tour of the city. Was this hand held or on a monopod? I
      >assume it was with a 10.5 but what body did you use?
      >
      >> Jean-Marc
      >
      >Pat Swovelin
      >Cool Guy @ Large

      I travel with a monopod, a custom panohead, D70 and Peleng 8mm at F11,
      7 shots, 6 with tilt about -15° and 1 zenith, raw shots.

      My custom panohead has a special arm and screw
      to rotate verticaly the body round the nodal point.
      A bubble level is fixed on base.
      No need for a nadir shot because the monopod is not rotating about nodal
      point.
      Sorry, it's too difficult to explain in english (I'am swiss-french).
      Even in french it's difficult!
      Only a very small point is masked on floor.

      For this pano, I'have used special DL function of Nikon Capture
      to light up darkness structure of escalator.

      Jean-Marc