Re: [PanoToolsNG] Another November Pic

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hi Fabio,

      Fabio Bustamante ha scritto:
      > Hi Fulvio,
      >

      > It seems the shimmering effect doesn't bother me as much as it bothers
      > you... so I chose the antialiasing to be off when moving to raise the fps.
      >
      > I must confess that I've never seen PTViewer running in full screen. Do
      > you have any example??

      No, I do not have one on line. I simply took a test page, changed the
      pano image with a larger one and changed the applet size to a larger
      value. Since I was not able to go to a real full screen I defined an
      applet size as large as the screen, then I raised the screen resolution
      to be able to see all those pixels in a portion of the screen.
      >> I think that they should do it quickly: image quality is much better with antialiasing on.
      >>

      > I really hope they do it... You should offer this optmization for them! Your programming skills would certainly be welcome there! ;)

      To be fair that code was already there: it has been written by Helmut
      Dersch. It is simple bilinear interpolation on four pixels with the
      loops manually unrolled to gain speed. I must admit that I have been
      surprised that it could be so fast.

      Fulvio Senore