Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin -- a guided tour

  • Scott Witte
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
      I invite you to experience the personal world of "history's most famous
      architect," Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin
      <http://www.tourdeforce360.com/taliesin/> in Spring Green, Wisconsin,
      and hope you find it even somewhat as fascinating to view as I did to
      produce.

      This is just a sample of what visitors can see and learn during a
      Taliesin tour. It even includes a couple viewpoints unavailable to the
      public. It is by no means complete. That would take some serious time
      and money, which I hope we can eventually arrange. The result would be
      truly fascinating especially with inclusion of all those places the
      public doesn't have access to. The intent here is to build awareness,
      hopefully leaving visitors with a desire to learn more and visit the
      site for themselves.

      One lesson learned: Adding the voice over and background music doubled
      the production work. Doubtless it would have been far easier with
      professional talent. But then we wouldn't have had the actual historian
      talking. I need to get a better handle on that.

      Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you like or dislike and
      especially any problems you might uncover. Obviously the guided tour
      aspect is pretty import, here. I'd be very interested in people's
      impressions of how well that does or doesn't work. Thanks!

      --
      Scott

      <http://www.scottwitte.com>
      <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
      414.345.9660
      Member, IVRPA

    • Ron Rack
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
        Just a quick note on something that I noticed, I haven't got through
        it all yet. In the design studio pano only the "Guggenheim" print
        "comes alive" the other ones just sit there upon clicking even though
        the curser turns to a pointing finger. I am thinking they are also
        supposed to "float" up for viewing?

        ron rack
        http://360around.com

        On Aug 3, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Scott Witte wrote:

        > I invite you to experience the personal world of "history's most
        > famous
        > architect," Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin
        > <http://www.tourdeforce360.com/taliesin/> in Spring Green, Wisconsin,
        > and hope you find it even somewhat as fascinating to view as I did to
        > produce.
        >
        > This is just a sample of what visitors can see and learn during a
        > Taliesin tour. It even includes a couple viewpoints unavailable to the
        > public. It is by no means complete. That would take some serious time
        > and money, which I hope we can eventually arrange. The result would be
        > truly fascinating especially with inclusion of all those places the
        > public doesn't have access to. The intent here is to build awareness,
        > hopefully leaving visitors with a desire to learn more and visit the
        > site for themselves.
        >
        > One lesson learned: Adding the voice over and background music doubled
        > the production work. Doubtless it would have been far easier with
        > professional talent. But then we wouldn't have had the actual
        > historian
        > talking. I need to get a better handle on that.
        >
        > Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you like or dislike and
        > especially any problems you might uncover. Obviously the guided tour
        > aspect is pretty import, here. I'd be very interested in people's
        > impressions of how well that does or doesn't work. Thanks!
        >
        > --
        > Scott
        >
        > <http://www.scottwitte.com>
        > <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
        > 414.345.9660
        > Member, IVRPA

      • Scott Witte
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
          On 8/3/2010 11:29 AM, Ron Rack wrote:
          > only the "Guggenheim" print "comes alive" the other ones just sit
          > there upon clicking even though the curser turns to a pointing finger.
          > I am thinking they are also supposed to "float" up for viewing?
          Very strange. If you see them they are loaded and the code to make them
          work is loaded. So it makes no sense. What happens if you leave then try
          again?

          Anyone else have problems with all four drawing popping up?

          --
          Scott

          <http://www.scottwitte.com>
          <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
          414.345.9660
          Member, IVRPA

        • Paulo Fernandes
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
            Mac Ox 10.6.4, Firefox 3.6.8, Flash 10.1 r53, SD version
            No problem with the drawings, they only "fly-in" when I click on them...

            Best Regards,

            Paulo Fernandes
            Multim�dia

            Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
            Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
            4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
            Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375

            On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:

            > On 8/3/2010 11:29 AM, Ron Rack wrote:
            > > only the "Guggenheim" print "comes alive" the other ones just sit
            > > there upon clicking even though the curser turns to a pointing finger.
            > > I am thinking they are also supposed to "float" up for viewing?
            > Very strange. If you see them they are loaded and the code to make them
            > work is loaded. So it makes no sense. What happens if you leave then try
            > again?
            >
            > Anyone else have problems with all four drawing popping up?
            >

            > --
            > Scott
            >
            > <http://www.scottwitte.com>
            > <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
            > 414.345.9660
            > Member, IVRPA

          • Paulo Fernandes
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
              This one is interesting....
              as Scott posted this both on PanotoolsNG and FlashPanoramas Google Group,
              Gmail has merged both announcements together... and all answers are mixed
              up, nice work gmail... :P

              On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Paulo Fernandes <paulo.jf@...> wrote:

              > Mac Ox 10.6.4, Firefox 3.6.8, Flash 10.1 r53, SD version
              > No problem with the drawings, they only "fly-in" when I click on them...
              >
              > Best Regards,
              >
              > Paulo Fernandes
              > Multim�dia
              >

              > Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
              > Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
              > 4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
              > Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375
              >

              > On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:
              >

              >> On 8/3/2010 11:29 AM, Ron Rack wrote:
              >> > only the "Guggenheim" print "comes alive" the other ones just sit
              >> > there upon clicking even though the curser turns to a pointing finger.
              >> > I am thinking they are also supposed to "float" up for viewing?
              >> Very strange. If you see them they are loaded and the code to make them
              >> work is loaded. So it makes no sense. What happens if you leave then try
              >> again?
              >>
              >> Anyone else have problems with all four drawing popping up?
              >>

              >> --
              >> Scott
              >>
              >> <http://www.scottwitte.com>
              >> <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
              >> 414.345.9660
              >> Member, IVRPA

            • Ron Rack
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
                OK,
                I tried again and they all worked but only after an extended waiting
                period. For some reason the Guggenheim works right away but the other
                3 I had to wait a while, even after I popped up and put away the
                Guggenheim the others were still not ready. I clicked on them a few
                times more and eventually they started popping up on their own. I
                guess they were getting the call but had to wait till they were loaded
                at which point they popped up?

                ron rack

                On Aug 3, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Scott Witte wrote:

                > On 8/3/2010 11:29 AM, Ron Rack wrote:
                > > only the "Guggenheim" print "comes alive" the other ones just sit
                > > there upon clicking even though the curser turns to a pointing
                > finger.
                > > I am thinking they are also supposed to "float" up for viewing?
                > Very strange. If you see them they are loaded and the code to make
                > them
                > work is loaded. So it makes no sense. What happens if you leave then
                > try
                > again?
                >
                > Anyone else have problems with all four drawing popping up?
                >
                > --
                > Scott
                >
                > <http://www.scottwitte.com>
                > <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
                > 414.345.9660
                > Member, IVRPA

              • Scott Witte
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
                  On 8/3/2010 12:25 PM, Paulo Fernandes wrote:
                  > Mac Ox 10.6.4, Firefox 3.6.8, Flash 10.1 r53, SD version
                  > No problem with the drawings, they only "fly-in" when I click on them...

                  Hmmm. When the tour guide mentions each building, the corresponding
                  drawing should fly out. You say that is not happening? Or are you in a
                  different part of the tour or the tour isn't running at all. Then it
                  would make sense to only fly out when you click them.

                  Thanks for the feedback.

                  Anyone else seeing this problem?

                  --
                  Scott

                  <http://www.scottwitte.com>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
                    I stopped the tour, so they didn't fly-out on their own. When I let the tour
                    run, they fly-out one at the time when they're mentioned :)

                    On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:

                    > On 8/3/2010 12:25 PM, Paulo Fernandes wrote:
                    > > Mac Ox 10.6.4, Firefox 3.6.8, Flash 10.1 r53, SD version
                    > > No problem with the drawings, they only "fly-in" when I click on them...
                    > >
                    > Hmmm. When the tour guide mentions each building, the corresponding
                    > drawing should fly out. You say that is not happening? Or are you in a
                    > different part of the tour or the tour isn't running at all. Then it
                    > would make sense to only fly out when you click them.
                    >
                    > Thanks for the feedback.
                    >
                    > Anyone else seeing this problem?
                    >

                    > --
                    > Scott
                    >
                    > <http://www.scottwitte.com>
                    > <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
                    > 414.345.9660
                    > Member, IVRPA

                  • Paulo Fernandes
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
                      I even jumped ahead of the tour opened the second image and waited for the
                      tour to catch up, and the second image closed and the first one opened :P
                      The tour is smarter than me hehe Really nice work Scott :)

                      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Paulo Fernandes <paulo.jf@...> wrote:

                      > I stopped the tour, so they didn't fly-out on their own. When I let the
                      > tour run, they fly-out one at the time when they're mentioned :)
                      >

                      > Best Regards,
                      >
                      > Paulo Fernandes
                      > Multim�dia
                      >

                      > Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
                      > Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
                      > 4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
                      > Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375
                      >

                      > On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >> On 8/3/2010 12:25 PM, Paulo Fernandes wrote:
                      >> > Mac Ox 10.6.4, Firefox 3.6.8, Flash 10.1 r53, SD version
                      >> > No problem with the drawings, they only "fly-in" when I click on them...
                      >> >
                      >> Hmmm. When the tour guide mentions each building, the corresponding
                      >> drawing should fly out. You say that is not happening? Or are you in a
                      >> different part of the tour or the tour isn't running at all. Then it
                      >> would make sense to only fly out when you click them.
                      >>
                      >> Thanks for the feedback.
                      >>
                      >> Anyone else seeing this problem?
                      >>

                      >> --
                      >> Scott
                      >>
                      >> <http://www.scottwitte.com>
                      >> <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
                      >> 414.345.9660
                      >> Member, IVRPA

                    • Scott Witte
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
                        Ron,

                        Strange. If you see them they are fully loaded. Those is the actual
                        images on the tables just shrunk down. If you have Flash Tracer could
                        you watch what happens when you click an image and it doesn't fly up? I
                        would stop the tour and turn off autorotation first to make it a little
                        easier.

                        Thanks for checking!

                        Scott