Re: OT - help! can't connect to camera via USB

  • prague
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
      I tried on another pc, and it worked fine. so the problem is on my netbook. if i can't roll back windows to before last week i guess i'll nuke it and install a fresh copy of windows on the hard disk.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paulo Fernandes <paulo.jf@...> wrote:

      > Try resetting the camera settings, and check if the camera communication
      > protocol is in "Normal" mode and not in PTP mode.
      > You could also try pluging the camera to another USB port.
      > And hope it isn't a hardware problem....
      >
      > Best Regards,
      >
      > Paulo Fernandes
      > Multimédia
      >

      > Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multimédia
      > Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
      > 4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
      > Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375
      >

      > On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM, mick crane <mick.crane@...> wrote:
      >

      > > On Fri, July 30, 2010 5:13 pm, prague wrote:
      > > > I tried different cables and I also tried a different *camera* and the
      > > > result was the same. so i can rule that out.
      > >
      > > could be the litle connection inside the pc has become partly disconnected
      > >

      > > > tonight i'll try a different PC and then I can definitely take a
      > > > sledgehammer to my netbook (or to the current installation of windows
      > > > anyway)
      > > >

      > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>,

    • mick crane
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
        On Sun, August 1, 2010 11:00 am, prague wrote:
        > I tried on another pc, and it worked fine. so the problem is on my
        > netbook. if i can't roll back windows to before last week i guess i'll
        > nuke it and install a fresh copy of windows on the hard disk.

        I'd get one of those installs of fedora or something on a usb stick and
        see if that works first.
        http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora

        mick