Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: OT-In a pricing quandry. Hourly rate would be too high.

  • mrjimbo
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 31 2:42 PM
      It's fine to get a few ideas here.. I didn't mean that it's the wrong place actually.. but just for ideas pointers I would think... No kidding try a search or two.. You'll get pretty close there.. but even in the example your suggesting in your post.. it suggests specifics that you feel whether these exist in a standard contract or not remains to be seen.. but you can change it.. I understand regarding the time thing.. believe me I do.. Consider how much time you've put into all the posts and reading all of it.. plus wrestling with your client sover issues......... a search and an attorney might get you to the other side and be better use of your time.

      jimbo
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 1, 2010
        ASMP's forms and paperwork examples have always been good. ASMP has
        long been one of the leading organizations in the world protecting and
        promoting the interests of professional photographers whose work is
        for publication. While some may feel their sample terms and
        conditions are overkill, they are all derived from real life
        experiences of professional photographers and intended to help other
        photographers protect themselves from as many unfortunate business
        experiences as possible.

        I should remind you also that there is an entire section (five
        chapters) of my new Virtual Reality Photography book devoted to
        business concerns for VR photographers. You can see more about this at:
        http://www.vrphotography.com/bookpromo.html

        Additionally, there is quite a bit of free business practices
        information on the Virtual Reality Photography web site. For a case
        study showing how three leading VR photographers (also all ASMP
        members at the time) estimated the same project, including all their
        respective terms and conditions, go to:
        http://www.vrphotography.com/data/pages/casestudies/vrestimate2003.html

        Even if the figures and rates don't seem appropriate to your
        particular market or business, look carefully at the kinds of terms
        and conditions that each photographer uses on their Estimates. These
        may help guide you in better crafting your own.

        Other useful business information from the vrphotography.com web site
        can be found at:
        http://www.vrphotography.com/data/pages/askexperts/askexperts.html
        http://www.vrphotography.com/data/pages/askexperts/business/pricingvr.html
        http://www.vrphotography.com/data/pages/askexperts/business/sample%20forms.html