Re: Presenting Vr Panos on large Touch screen - Anyone with experience ?

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2010
      Ive tried a couple of my panos on this monitor
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QdfK1Qv4dc
      on a new Win7 i5 PC and they were fine.
      Though the super glossy screen soon looked smudged up I thought -- for panos I think you could make navigation buttons and use those and that might be better than dragging -- though certainly the performance was ok.

      Peter M

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jann_lipka" <jann@...> wrote:

      > How does it work for example
      > ( Flash ) on a good quality touchscreen ?
      >
      > ( I have seen some HP Touchsmart boxes, and those feel quite good - unfortunately I could not test on any interactiv VR files .. )
      >
      > I've been asked about showing 10K wide 360x180 images
      > on a large touchscreen - what hardware would work OK ?
      > Thanks for any suggestions .

    • jann_lipka
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2010
        Thanks Peter - I think the idea is that touchscreen dragging would somewhat remind of physical movement of the image .
        I think the screen would get greasy very fast ..
        Regarding HP Touchsmart - the little I tested it it looked for me that
        the screen reacted also when the finger was very close to the screen surface without actual touch ...
      • panometr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2010
          How about this:
          http://www.ptgrey.com/news/pressreleases/details.asp?articleID=374