Presenting Vr Panos on large Touch screen - Anyone with experience ?

  • jann_lipka
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 1:26 AM
      How does it work for example
      ( Flash ) on a good quality touchscreen ?

      ( I have seen some HP Touchsmart boxes, and those feel quite good - unfortunately I could not test on any interactiv VR files .. )

      I've been asked about showing 10K wide 360x180 images
      on a large touchscreen - what hardware would work OK ?
      Thanks for any suggestions .
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31 2:55 AM
        Ive tried a couple of my panos on this monitor
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QdfK1Qv4dc
        on a new Win7 i5 PC and they were fine.
        Though the super glossy screen soon looked smudged up I thought -- for panos I think you could make navigation buttons and use those and that might be better than dragging -- though certainly the performance was ok.

        Peter M

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jann_lipka" <jann@...> wrote:

        > How does it work for example
        > ( Flash ) on a good quality touchscreen ?
        >
        > ( I have seen some HP Touchsmart boxes, and those feel quite good - unfortunately I could not test on any interactiv VR files .. )
        >
        > I've been asked about showing 10K wide 360x180 images
        > on a large touchscreen - what hardware would work OK ?
        > Thanks for any suggestions .

      • jann_lipka
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31 3:11 AM
          Thanks Peter - I think the idea is that touchscreen dragging would somewhat remind of physical movement of the image .
          I think the screen would get greasy very fast ..
          Regarding HP Touchsmart - the little I tested it it looked for me that
          the screen reacted also when the finger was very close to the screen surface without actual touch ...
        • panometr
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31 4:37 PM
            How about this:
            http://www.ptgrey.com/news/pressreleases/details.asp?articleID=374