Re: Panosalado help

  • Darren
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 30, 2010
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "thebritishareyourmasters" <thebritishareyourmasters@...> wrote:

      > The version I'm dealing with is I think the latest: Panosalado2, which is no longer based on Pavervision3d and is therefore (though I have no experience of previous versions) I imagine a whole load better in terms of rendering quality and speed. Flash 10 added a bunch of 3d stuff natively which makes creating such an engine relatively straightforward (compared to before!).
      >
      > In terms of there being any .swf that you just add your images to, I was unable to find anything like that in the download and there doesn't even seem to be an xml way of configuring it - you would have to compile an Actionscript file (Eclipse is just a general purpose development environment, you could also compile using the Flex SDK on the command line). Though, given the paucity of the documentation, there may be one.
      >
      > Having said that, it would be a fairly straightforward task to create a simple .swf plug-in solution based on what there is. But I'm reluctant to do that without hearing anything from the developers ... even if it's just 'we're not active on this any more' ... because guesswork would be required and it may end up not being in line with any current development they are doing.
      >
      > Surely these developers must be watching somewhere?! ... they put all this effort in, seems strange to abandon it without even really releasing it.
      >
      > Alex

      Alex, just to be clear, are you saying that you have *not* yet reached the point that you can view panos with your self-compiled Panosalado2?
    • thebritishareyourmasters
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 30, 2010
        I can compile and create my own panos with Panosalado2. But that's because I can write Actionscript 3. So could anyone who knows AS3 pretty well and is willing to put in some effort to understand the Panosalado code. (found here: http://os.ivrpa.org/panosalado/)

        I could potentially create a pre-compiled swf for people who don't know AS3 but I'd prefer to hear from the developers first, for the reasons in my last posts.

        Alex

        (Sorry about the username (though I stand by it completely!) ... this is my Yahoo Fantasy (American) Football login ... where a bit of (usually misplaced) bragging is essential.)

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Darren" <darethehair@...> wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "thebritishareyourmasters" <thebritishareyourmasters@> wrote:
        > >

        > > The version I'm dealing with is I think the latest: Panosalado2, which is no longer based on Pavervision3d and is therefore (though I have no experience of previous versions) I imagine a whole load better in terms of rendering quality and speed. Flash 10 added a bunch of 3d stuff natively which makes creating such an engine relatively straightforward (compared to before!).
        > >
        > > In terms of there being any .swf that you just add your images to, I was unable to find anything like that in the download and there doesn't even seem to be an xml way of configuring it - you would have to compile an Actionscript file (Eclipse is just a general purpose development environment, you could also compile using the Flex SDK on the command line). Though, given the paucity of the documentation, there may be one.
        > >
        > > Having said that, it would be a fairly straightforward task to create a simple .swf plug-in solution based on what there is. But I'm reluctant to do that without hearing anything from the developers ... even if it's just 'we're not active on this any more' ... because guesswork would be required and it may end up not being in line with any current development they are doing.
        > >
        > > Surely these developers must be watching somewhere?! ... they put all this effort in, seems strange to abandon it without even really releasing it.
        > >
        > > Alex
        > >

        > Alex, just to be clear, are you saying that you have *not* yet reached the point that you can view panos with your self-compiled Panosalado2?

      • mick crane
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 31, 2010
          On Fri, July 30, 2010 8:32 pm, Mark D. Fink wrote:
          > What's wrong with the Briti sharing their masters? :o)

          I noticed that too =^)