Milko Amorth RIP

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
      I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.

      http://vrcanada.ca/

      Rest in Peace.

    • Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
        Milko Amorth was a very lucid guy and a connoisseur of the VR
        Photography business.

        I was privileged to had shared with him several hours long Skype calls
        in recent months while he was already ill.

        It's a sad day for the Panorama community and for the VR Photography
        business in general.

        We will miss him.
        I am thankful for what he thought me.

        Thanks Milko, rest in peace my friend!

        Os melhores cumprimentos,
        Best regards,

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Carlos Chegado

        Olho de Peixe Lda
        Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
        Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

        || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
        twitter.com/carloschegado ||

        www.xprints.com ||

        || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
          Check here Milko during Photokina 2004 (the one with in orange)

          http://www.vrmag.org/projects/photokina_koeln_2004/work_shop/pages/D46T1306.html

          Os melhores cumprimentos,
          Best regards,

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Carlos Chegado

          Olho de Peixe Lda
          Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
          Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

          || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
          twitter.com/carloschegado ||

          www.xprints.com ||

          || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

          On 27-07-2010 9:43, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:

          > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
          >
          > http://vrcanada.ca/
          >
          > Rest in Peace.

        • Ian Wood
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
            Oh crap. He'll be missed. :-(

            I first met Milko at the original PT meeting in Berlin, he's wearing the white & black checked shirt in the group pano: http://www.panotools-meeting.com/

            Ian

            On 27 Jul 2010, at 09:43, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:

            > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
            >
            > http://vrcanada.ca/
            >
            > Rest in Peace.
          • Matthias Taugwalder
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
              Yes, this is really sad.

              Milko was one of the pioneers of VR - back in the beginning when all
              started.
              He always had an open ear and lots of tips - ready to help.

              We will definitely miss him...

              Matthias

              --
              Matthias Taugwalder
              matthias.taugwalder@...

              2010/7/27 Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com <mail@...>

              > Milko Amorth was a very lucid guy and a connoisseur of the VR
              > Photography business.
              >
              > I was privileged to had shared with him several hours long Skype calls
              > in recent months while he was already ill.
              >
              > It's a sad day for the Panorama community and for the VR Photography
              > business in general.
              >
              > We will miss him.
              > I am thankful for what he thought me.
              >
              > Thanks Milko, rest in peace my friend!
              >
              > Os melhores cumprimentos,
              > Best regards,
              >
              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >
              > Carlos Chegado
              >
              > Olho de Peixe Lda
              > Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
              > Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99
              >
              > || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
              > twitter.com/carloschegado ||

              > www.xprints.com ||
              >
              > || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
                Milko was a clever and creative panorama guy, and he was very active
                in this list until late 2008. Rest in peace, Milko.

              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
                  On 7-27-2010 1:43 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net's hamster got loose
                  on the keyboard and typed ...:

                  > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
                  >
                  > http://vrcanada.ca/
                  >
                  > Rest in Peace.

                  This really sucks. Milko was a *great* guy and always very helpful. I
                  always considered him my friend. I will miss him forevermore.

                  RIP Milko

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large

                • Ron Rack
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
                    Sorry, I didn't mean to break the mood with my last post. Although I
                    didn't know Milko, I do know of his many contributions around here. I
                    pray for the repose of his soul and the consolation of his friends and
                    family.

                    ron rack

                    On Jul 27, 2010, at 4:43 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:

                    > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
                    >
                    > http://vrcanada.ca/
                    >
                    > Rest in Peace.

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
                      Oh MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!
                      Milko was such a nice guy !!!!!!!!!!!!

                      What happened ?

                      Does someone knows exactly what happened ???

                      I'm in shock,

                      AYRTON

                      On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net <
                      360cities@...> wrote:

                      > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
                      >
                      > http://vrcanada.ca/
                      >
                      > Rest in Peace.

                      ------------
                      | A Y R |
                      | T O N |
                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
                        On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com <
                        mail@...> wrote:

                        > Milko Amorth was a very lucid guy and a connoisseur of the VR
                        > Photography business.
                        > I was privileged to had shared with him several hours long Skype calls
                        > in recent months while he was already ill.

                        What?
                        I did not know he was ill ???
                        I've spoke with him lots of times to on skype and even on twitter ...

                        AYRTON

                        > It's a sad day for the Panorama community and for the VR Photography
                        > business in general.
                        >
                        > We will miss him.
                        > I am thankful for what he thought me.
                        >
                        > Thanks Milko, rest in peace my friend!
                        >
                        > Os melhores cumprimentos,
                        > Best regards,
                        >
                        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        >
                        > Carlos Chegado
                        >
                        > Olho de Peixe Lda
                        > Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
                        > Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99
                        >
                        > || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
                        > twitter.com/carloschegado ||

                        > www.xprints.com ||
                        >
                        > || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||
                        >

                        > On 27-07-2010 9:43, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
                        > >
                        > > http://vrcanada.ca/

                        ------------
                        | A Y R |
                        | T O N |
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 27, 2010
                          Am 27.07.2010 10:43, schrieb Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net:
                          > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
                          > Rest in Peace.

                          What a great loss! When Milko left this list back in 2008 I was sad, but
                          there was always the chance that he came back. Now there isn't a chance
                          anymore...

                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 8, 2010
                            Hello,

                            I was asked by Vivek Dev Burman to post the following here:

                            --snip

                            Sorry to post so late but I was out on a shoot with no internet for 7 days.

                            I knew Milko through this group & Jeffrey since 2008 and we quickly
                            became friends as he helped me learn how to make panorama's. But soon we
                            found that we were chatting about politic, food, life and only a little
                            about pano's.

                            Around Nov 2009 he had been rushing around all day and he had a sandwich
                            late in the day which he felt was a little off but being very hungry he
                            had it all the same. He got very sick after that and in fact was not
                            reachable till January 2010. He started to get better , but the bug was
                            very stubborn even after treatment with antibiotics. He thought he had a
                            bug called Blastocystis. I was in touch with him regularly till end
                            March after which he stopped responding.

                            One of the last things he wrote to me on 23rd March was
                            " I have been underground lately. The parasite is not beaten yet. It
                            seems very stubborn and drains me of all powers. I hardly can eat or
                            sleep. I feel like this old tree is falling over pretty soon.
                            Pharmacy is exhausted and did more harm than good. I have been trying
                            herbal remedies. The latest is a 20 day program from Switzerland, which
                            I am going to start today.
                            I hope that works this time."

                            I will miss him very very much. Rest in Peace Milko.

                            Regards,
                            Vivek Dev Burman

                            --snap

                          • Robert C. Fisher
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 8, 2010
                              What a shame, I liked Milko the few times I met him. Just goes to show
                              you how fragile life is . . . and how quickly it's cut short.

                              On Aug 8, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Erik Krause wrote:

                              > Hello,
                              >
                              > I was asked by Vivek Dev Burman to post the following here:
                              >
                              > --snip
                              >
                              > Sorry to post so late but I was out on a shoot with no internet for
                              > 7 days.
                              >
                              > I knew Milko through this group & Jeffrey since 2008 and we quickly
                              > became friends as he helped me learn how to make panorama's. But
                              > soon we
                              > found that we were chatting about politic, food, life and only a
                              > little
                              > about pano's.
                              >
                              > Around Nov 2009 he had been rushing around all day and he had a
                              > sandwich
                              > late in the day which he felt was a little off but being very hungry
                              > he
                              > had it all the same. He got very sick after that and in fact was not
                              > reachable till January 2010. He started to get better , but the bug
                              > was
                              > very stubborn even after treatment with antibiotics. He thought he
                              > had a
                              > bug called Blastocystis. I was in touch with him regularly till end
                              > March after which he stopped responding.
                              >
                              > One of the last things he wrote to me on 23rd March was
                              > " I have been underground lately. The parasite is not beaten yet. It
                              > seems very stubborn and drains me of all powers. I hardly can eat or
                              > sleep. I feel like this old tree is falling over pretty soon.
                              > Pharmacy is exhausted and did more harm than good. I have been trying
                              > herbal remedies. The latest is a 20 day program from Switzerland,
                              > which
                              > I am going to start today.
                              > I hope that works this time."
                              >
                              > I will miss him very very much. Rest in Peace Milko.
                              >
                              > Regards,
                              > Vivek Dev Burman

                              Cheers
                              Robert C. Fisher
                              VR Photography / Cinematography
                              bob@...
                              http://www.rcfisher.com
                              Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
                            • Bostjan Burger
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 9, 2010
                                Sorry to be direct or verbaly clumsy... Milko died?
                                I didn't met Milko personally but had been following his work.
                                I am shocked.

                                :( Bostjan

                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 9, 2010
                                  I was friend with Milko, online from beginning, pioneering times of prof.
                                  Dersch immersive imaging list, and personally from the 2nd german
                                  panomeeting. It was really sharing feelings, ideas and crazy projects. We
                                  were not really in touch during the last 2 years. But he was always there...

                                  I still have here the 2 first surface spherical mirror we were (sloooowly)
                                  developing together.
                                  God. It hurts.
                                  Luca.

                                  2010/7/27 Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net <360cities@...>

                                  > I was informed by Bill Meikle on his vrhotwires list, via Jook Leung.
                                  >
                                  > http://vrcanada.ca/
                                  >
                                  > Rest in Peace.

                                  Luca Vascon.

                                  www.canalview.it
                                  Vote Canalview at Shanghai Expo 2010
                                  http://www.italianvalley.it/ProjectDetail/198/2/Camminando-dentro-il-video-del-Canal-Grande-.aspx
                                  and click on the fifth star over the image!
                                  www.officinepanottiche.com

                                • 1drey
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                    I was in contact with Milko - we exchanged with few emails, discussing
                                    various topics.
                                    He was smart and bright person.

                                    I will miss him.

                                    Rest in Peace, Milko.
                                  • Fernando Costa Pinto
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                      I didn't met Milko personally .. I feel that a good kind of sense of family
                                      is in this group.
                                      Rest in Peace .
                                      Fernando
                                      Salvador Bahia
                                      Brazil

                                      On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:00 PM, 1drey <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

                                      > I was in contact with Milko - we exchanged with few emails, discussing
                                      > various topics.
                                      > He was smart and bright person.
                                      >
                                      > I will miss him.
                                      >
                                      > Rest in Peace, Milko.
                                    • Carl von Einem
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                        Hi there,

                                        I haven't posted in a while and it's such a sad occasion to pop up. Ian,
                                        Wim and others found nice words in Plymouth, thanks again for that.

                                        <http://panotools-meeting.com/> has a short "self introduction" by
                                        Milko, just scroll down to
                                        2005 - Venice, Italy
                                        => Video interviews with the participants (by Torsten Hemke)
                                        => Milko...

                                        Thanks to Torsten for urging everyone to give a short interview back
                                        then, I really appreciate it!

                                        Carl

                                        Posted by: "1drey" ilyin1drey@... ilyin1drey
                                        > Date: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 am ((PDT))
                                        >

                                        > I was in contact with Milko - we exchanged with few emails, discussing
                                        > various topics.
                                        > He was smart and bright person.
                                        >
                                        > I will miss him.
                                        >
                                        > Rest in Peace, Milko.
                                      • Kathy Wheeler
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                          On 08/12/2010, at 8:38 AM, Carl von Einem wrote:
                                          > <http://panotools-meeting.com/> has a short "self introduction" by
                                          > Milko, just scroll down to
                                          > 2005 - Venice, Italy
                                          > => Video interviews with the participants (by Torsten Hemke)
                                          > => Milko...

                                          Thanks Carl. When I first saw Jeffrey's message back in July I thought
                                          wtf!!! Milko is too young surely ... and yes he was. So full of life
                                          in that short intro video from 2005.

                                          RIP Milko, I will remember you now from the video, full of fun and
                                          life :-)

                                          KathyW.
                                        • Pat Swovelin
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                            On 8-11-2010 3:38 PM, Carl von Einem's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                                            and typed ...:
                                            > Hi there,
                                            >
                                            > I haven't posted in a while and it's such a sad occasion to pop up. Ian,
                                            > Wim and others found nice words in Plymouth, thanks again for that.
                                            >
                                            > <http://panotools-meeting.com/> has a short "self introduction" by
                                            > Milko, just scroll down to
                                            > 2005 - Venice, Italy
                                            > => Video interviews with the participants (by Torsten Hemke)
                                            > => Milko...
                                            >
                                            > Thanks to Torsten for urging everyone to give a short interview back
                                            > then, I really appreciate it!

                                            And I appreciate you for pointing it out to us. *Thanks.*

                                            > Carl
                                            >
                                            > Posted by: "1drey" ilyin1drey@... ilyin1drey
                                            >> Date: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 am ((PDT))
                                            >>

                                            >> I was in contact with Milko - we exchanged with few emails, discussing
                                            >> various topics.
                                            >> He was smart and bright person.
                                            >>
                                            >> I will miss him.
                                            >>
                                            >> Rest in Peace, Milko.

                                            Pat Swovelin
                                            Cool Guy @ Large

                                          • Pat Swovelin
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                              On 8-9-2010 12:09 PM, Bostjan Burger's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                                              and typed ...:
                                              > Sorry to be direct or verbaly clumsy... Milko died?

                                              Yes. Mill Meikle broke the news on July 27th. It really sucked.

                                              Milko was a great guy.

                                              > I didn't met Milko personally but had been following his work.
                                              > I am shocked.
                                              >
                                              > :( Bostjan

                                              Pat Swovelin
                                              Cool Guy @ Large

                                            • Pat Swovelin
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                                On 8-11-2010 10:22 AM, Fernando Costa Pinto's hamster got loose on the
                                                keyboard and typed ...:
                                                > I didn't met Milko personally .. I feel that a good kind of sense of
                                                > family
                                                > is in this group.

                                                Yes, it is.

                                                > Rest in Peace .
                                                > Fernando
                                                > Salvador Bahia
                                                > Brazil
                                                >

                                                > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:00 PM, 1drey <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:
                                                >

                                                >> I was in contact with Milko - we exchanged with few emails, discussing
                                                >> various topics.
                                                >> He was smart and bright person.
                                                >>
                                                >> I will miss him.
                                                >>
                                                >> Rest in Peace, Milko.
                                                >> --

                                                Pat Swovelin
                                                Cool Guy @ Large

                                              • Pat Swovelin
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Aug 11, 2010
                                                  On 8-11-2010 9:53 PM, Pat Swovelin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                                                  and typed ...:
                                                  > On 8-9-2010 12:09 PM, Bostjan Burger's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                                                  > and typed ...:
                                                  >> Sorry to be direct or verbaly clumsy... Milko died?
                                                  >
                                                  > Yes. Mill Meikle broke the news on July 27th. It really sucked.

                                                  BILL Meikle. Jeeze, I can't type today.

                                                  Or spell.

                                                  > Milko was a great guy.

                                                  Pat Swovelin