Fundraising complete!

  • rogerhoward@rogerroger.org
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
      Thanks to a very generous community we met a simple fundraising goal
      in absolutely no time; in fact we got pledges for nearly twice what
      we needed in less than 24 hours.

      As we promised, we will only accept pledges, in order, up to the
      amount we were shooting for. All pledges are appreciated equally,
      everyone was quite generous and we hope to see more goal-oriented
      fundraising in the future, perhaps as a more official part of the
      community business.

      Sorted in order received, the final pledges came out to:

      Roger Howard - 50
      Roger Williams - 20
      Eduardo Hutter - 20
      David Dantowitz - 20
      Fabio Bustamante - 10
      Kathy Wheeler - 20
      Mark Fink - 20
      RomualdV - 10
      Mark Banas - 20
      Jook Leung - 25

      This takes us to $215, which means Jook took us over the finish line
      (and will only be asked for a fraction of his pledge). If you're not
      on the list above, do not send any funds to anyone!

      The following folks made pledges but we won't need their funds this
      round, so save up for next time and thanks for the offers!

      Juergen Schrader - 10
      Pat Swovelin - 10
      Peter Nyfeler - 25
      John Houghton - 10
      Ian Wood - 30
      Steven Dowd - 20
      Andrey Illyin - 10
      Thomas Rauscher - 20

      Details will follow to each of the members of the first list on how
      to deliver payment.

      Thanks to everyone who participated, this was a great showing.

      -Rh
    • listmail@mab3d.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
        On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:06 AM, rogerhoward@... wrote:

        > This takes us to $215, which means Jook took us over the finish line
        > (and will only be asked for a fraction of his pledge).

        Don't forget shipping from Kiev! ;-)

        -Mark
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
          rogerhoward@... wrote:
          > Thanks to a very generous community we met a simple fundraising goal
          > in absolutely no time; in fact we got pledges for nearly twice what
          > we needed in less than 24 hours.

          *EXCELLENT* job everyone! Well done. This is a great example of what
          we can accomplish when we all pull together and it shows that we're a
          vibrant and functioning community that's working for a brighter future
          for everyone.

          > As we promised, we will only accept pledges, in order, up to the
          > amount we were shooting for. All pledges are appreciated equally,
          > everyone was quite generous and we hope to see more goal-oriented
          > fundraising in the future, perhaps as a more official part of the
          > community business.
          >
          > Sorted in order received, the final pledges came out to:
          >
          > Roger Howard - 50
          > Roger Williams - 20
          > Eduardo Hutter - 20
          > David Dantowitz - 20
          > Fabio Bustamante - 10
          > Kathy Wheeler - 20
          > Mark Fink - 20
          > RomualdV - 10
          > Mark Banas - 20
          > Jook Leung - 25
          >
          > This takes us to $215, which means Jook took us over the finish line
          > (and will only be asked for a fraction of his pledge). If you're not
          > on the list above, do not send any funds to anyone!
          >
          > The following folks made pledges but we won't need their funds this
          > round, so save up for next time and thanks for the offers!
          >
          > Juergen Schrader - 10
          > Pat Swovelin - 10
          > Peter Nyfeler - 25
          > John Houghton - 10
          > Ian Wood - 30
          > Steven Dowd - 20
          > Andrey Illyin - 10
          > Thomas Rauscher - 20
          >
          > Details will follow to each of the members of the first list on how
          > to deliver payment.
          >
          > Thanks to everyone who participated, this was a great showing.
          >
          > -Rh

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Jim Dawson
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
            I have been gone for awhile, but no so long as I would have missed a fundraiser. What was it for
            and how did I miss it?

            Thanks,
            Jim Dawson

            > Thanks to a very generous community we met a simple fundraising goal
            > in absolutely no time; in fact we got pledges for nearly twice what
            > we needed in less than 24 hours.

            *EXCELLENT* job everyone! Well done. This is a great example of what
            we can accomplish when we all pull together and it shows that we're a
            vibrant and functioning community that's working for a brighter future
            for everyone.

            > As we promised, we will only accept pledges, in order, up to the
            > amount we were shooting for. All pledges are appreciated equally,
            > everyone was quite generous and we hope to see more goal-oriented
            > fundraising in the future, perhaps as a more official part of the
            > community business.
            >
            > Sorted in order received, the final pledges came out to:
            >
            > Roger Howard - 50
            > Roger Williams - 20
            > Eduardo Hutter - 20
            > David Dantowitz - 20
            > Fabio Bustamante - 10
            > Kathy Wheeler - 20
            > Mark Fink - 20
            > RomualdV - 10
            > Mark Banas - 20
            > Jook Leung - 25
            >
            > This takes us to $215, which means Jook took us over the finish line
            > (and will only be asked for a fraction of his pledge). If you're not
            > on the list above, do not send any funds to anyone!
            >
            > The following folks made pledges but we won't need their funds this
            > round, so save up for next time and thanks for the offers!
            >
            > Juergen Schrader - 10
            > Pat Swovelin - 10
            > Peter Nyfeler - 25
            > John Houghton - 10
            > Ian Wood - 30
            > Steven Dowd - 20
            > Andrey Illyin - 10
            > Thomas Rauscher - 20
            >
            > Details will follow to each of the members of the first list on how
            > to deliver payment.
            >
            > Thanks to everyone who participated, this was a great showing.
            >
            > -Rh

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large

          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
              Jim Dawson wrote:

              > I have been gone for awhile, but no so long as I would have missed a
              > fundraiser. What was it for

              It was to buy an unnamed PanoramaTools developer (I know his name but
              that's not the point) a fisheye lens (a Peleng 8mm) so he can test the
              new version 3 of panotools on fisheye lenses without having to get
              someone else to do it for him. He's well deserving of the lens for his
              past and current work and we will *all* benefit from him having an FE
              lens so the money was very well spent. The cost was $200 USD and *only*
              that amount of money was accepted (with the last person pledging not
              having to send in his full pledge amount and everyone else after that
              not sending it in at all). This shows that the community is willing to
              contribute for projects that effect all of us *and* it's not a way to
              have some sort of a slush fund sitting around (from the extra pledges)
              that needs to be tracked to make sure nothing happens to it under the table.

              Everything was above board and totally transparent. It was a *great*
              showing by the community.

              > and how did I miss it?

              Well is was after that night of heavy drinking... =8^)

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • Jim Dawson
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
                Well, I wish I'd seen it as I sure am interested in his results. I'll try to pay
                closer attention the next time.

                I've been traveling a lot in the last couple months and don't get enough time
                to watch the group closely.....or there was that ONE night of heavy drinking :)

                Thanks for the info and for the news of the group's generosity.

                Jim
                > I have been gone for awhile, but no so long as I would have missed a
                > fundraiser. What was it for

                It was to buy an unnamed PanoramaTools developer (I know his name but
                that's not the point) a fisheye lens (a Peleng 8mm) so he can test the
                new version 3 of panotools on fisheye lenses without having to get
                someone else to do it for him. He's well deserving of the lens for his
                past and current work and we will *all* benefit from him having an FE
                lens so the money was very well spent. The cost was $200 USD and *only*
                that amount of money was accepted (with the last person pledging not
                having to send in his full pledge amount and everyone else after that
                not sending it in at all). This shows that the community is willing to
                contribute for projects that effect all of us *and* it's not a way to
                have some sort of a slush fund sitting around (from the extra pledges)
                that needs to be tracked to make sure nothing happens to it under the table.

                Everything was above board and totally transparent. It was a *great*
                showing by the community.

                > and how did I miss it?

                Well is was after that night of heavy drinking... =8^)

                > Thanks,
                > Jim Dawson

                Pat Swovelin
                Cool Guy @ Large

              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
                  Jim Dawson wrote:
                  > Well, I wish I'd seen it as I sure am interested in his results.

                  The plan is for it to be released by the end of the year and that's
                  almost here. Woo-hoo!

                  > I'll try to pay
                  > closer attention the next time.
                  >
                  > I've been traveling a lot in the last couple months and don't get
                  > enough time
                  > to watch the group closely.....or there was that ONE night of heavy
                  > drinking :)

                  Normally that wouldn't be much of a problem ... but I heard you were
                  traveling in northern Alaska... =8^)

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large
                • Roger Howard
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                    For those wondering, instructions on how to deliver your pledges has just
                    gone out to all relevant pledgers (is that even a word?).

                    First, again a big thanks to *all* those who made pledges, even if we
                    didn't need your money this time. We ended up with about twice the amount
                    pledged as was needed in less than 12 hours, and certainly more generous
                    pledges would have kept coming in had I not put out a stop!

                    Second, I want to make sure I thank Yuval Levy for coming up with this
                    idea, for organizing it, and for doing the legwork of picking up the lens,
                    and dealing with shipping, etc, out of pocket.

                    And thanks to Chris Tobler who is providing the lens to us, and for
                    offering another discount! Instead of the original $200 USD, we now only
                    need $180 USD, so Jook has been let completely off the hook, and Mark B.
                    is going to only need to deliver half his pledge.

                    If we had a general fund for these efforts it would have been great to
                    have other direct, transparent spending goals we could apply all the other
                    pledges towards. I know we all look forward to the possibility than we
                    will see such an organization develop in the next year that can manage
                    these efforts in the future.

                    Anyway, this concludes a very positive effort I think we can all be proud
                    of. If anyone has any additional funding proposals feel free to bring them
                    up on the Panotools-list group. In the future we can likely usely an
                    online tool for managing funding drives, but this time I hope you
                    understand the need to do it via email - and because of this, our need to
                    remain as open and transparent as possible.

                    Thanks again!

                    -Rh
                  • Eduardo Hutter
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Howard" <rogerhoward@...>
                      wrote:

                      > For those wondering, instructions on how to deliver
                      > your pledges has just gone out ...

                      Hmm... I can't find anything here, maybe I just deleted the email
                      along with a few hundred other messages (my email was having hiccups).

                      Can you or someone else send me the necessry info so I could complete
                      complete this?

                      Thanks a lot,

                      Eduardo Hutter