Re: Room with huge reverb

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2010
      I did some research on the structure of that thing and what I can say is that this one here is built from irregular sandwich panels whereas the widely known geodesic structures from triangles are so called space frame structures.

      While both offer the same features regarding environmental challenges (wind, etc.) the main difference is towards electromagnetic requirements. Radomes from sandwich constructions allow installation of radars for 3D surveillance which, as I mentioned, was the purpose here during the cold war as this radome is on a summit close to the former eastern German border.

      Cheers
      Jürgen