90 degree adapter for Fisheye lenses

  • enridp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2010
      Hi! does somebody know if there's something like this:
      http://www3.elphel.com/accessories
      but for fisheye lenses? maybe for FC-E8/9 or Sigma 8mm
      If we could put the camera down, then our lenses could be nearer and we could reduce parallax errors in a multicam system.

      Just an idea... what do you think?
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
        :D
        I've been thinking for ages.
        Now the reply is in new EVIL cameras with a short flange.

        2010/7/9 enridp <enridp@...>

        > Hi! does somebody know if there's something like this:
        > http://www3.elphel.com/accessories
        > but for fisheye lenses? maybe for FC-E8/9 or Sigma 8mm
        > If we could put the camera down, then our lenses could be nearer and we
        > could reduce parallax errors in a multicam system.
        >
        > Just an idea... what do you think?

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        Vote Canalview at Shanghai Expo 2010
        http://www.italianvalley.it/ProjectDetail/198/2/Camminando-dentro-il-video-del-Canal-Grande-.aspx
        and click on the fifth star over the image!
        www.officinepanottiche.com

      • Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
          Hi Luca

          I agree. The best chance for packing multiple cameras tightly is to get rid of the mirror box: use several digital Leicas (or micro 4/3 cameras or Lumix wide-angles if money is an issue :)).

          I was impressed, however, by how close together those big Nikons sit on the 3-headed Agnos rig you have used.

          -- Tom

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2010
            It was a really thought mechanical project.
            I'm trying to do my best with compact cameras, as seen on the blog,
            http://www.officinepanottiche.com/blog/2010/03/?lang=it
            I'd bet on 3 Sony nx5 with shaved 8mm panasonic....
            :D
            Some serious hack needed.