Re: Fisheye on a G11

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5 11:02 AM
      Apologies, I thought as it was common knowledge a G11 didnt have interchangeable lenses I wouldn't have to explain I was asking about an converter as opposed to an actual fisheye lens.

      I did mean converter.

      > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.
      >
      > You can read about them on the FishList --
      >
      > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
      >
      > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
      >
      > Mike wrote:
      > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
      > >
      > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
      > > Thanks All
      > > Mike

    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5 11:09 AM
        All the lenses that Ken listed (and linked to) are converter lenses.

        Ian

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6 12:31 AM
          Search on Flickr for images and examples how to mount the Nikon fisheye
          converter on the G11.
        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7 3:38 PM
            On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:

            > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

            Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus C5060/7070
            cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big and relatively
            expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.

            > You can read about them on the FishList --
            >
            > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
            >
            > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
            >
            > Mike wrote:
            > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a
            > G10)
            > >
            > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but
            > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff,
            > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
            > > Thanks All
            > > Mike

          • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7 3:48 PM
              I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
              sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
              chromatic aberration correction.

              Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico

              --
              L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
              felipe@...

            • Bjørn K Nilssen
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8 2:42 AM
                On 7 Jul 2010 at 17:48, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:

                > I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
                > sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
                > chromatic aberration correction.

                Just for the record - there is no such named lens in the Raynox catalog afaik.
                It may be the DCR-FE180PRO, which is a fullframe fisheye, or a misspelled DCR-CF185PRO,
                which is a 185 degree circular fisheye?
                As these lenses are not "alone", I believe their appearent quality is highly dependent on
                the lens behind them. The quality of the Olympus lenses on my C's are first class :)
                http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egdigital.html

                > Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico
                >
                > 2010/7/7 Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>
                >

                > > On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:
                > >
                > > > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or
                > > IPIX/Soligor.
                > >
                > > Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus
                > > C5060/7070
                > > cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big
                > > and relatively
                > > expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.
                > >

                > > > You can read about them on the FishList --
                > > >
                > > > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
                > > >
                > > > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?

                > > shoulda bought a
                > > > G10)

                > > on ebay, but
                > > > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro
                > > standard stuff,
                > > > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.

              • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8 7:58 AM
                  You are right, Bj�rn

                  It's a DCR-FE180PRO. I used it for many years attached to a Sony DSC85
                  camera (I'm not sure, but I remember it had Zeiss optics).