Re: [PanoToolsNG] Fisheye on a G11

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
      For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

      You can read about them on the FishList --

      http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm

      Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?

      Mike wrote:
      > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
      >
      > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
      > Thanks All
      > Mike

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
        Apologies, I thought as it was common knowledge a G11 didnt have interchangeable lenses I wouldn't have to explain I was asking about an converter as opposed to an actual fisheye lens.

        I did mean converter.

        > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.
        >
        > You can read about them on the FishList --
        >
        > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
        >
        > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
        >
        > Mike wrote:
        > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
        > >
        > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
        > > Thanks All
        > > Mike

      • Ian Wood
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
          All the lenses that Ken listed (and linked to) are converter lenses.

          Ian

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
            Search on Flickr for images and examples how to mount the Nikon fisheye
            converter on the G11.
          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010
              On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:

              > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

              Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus C5060/7070
              cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big and relatively
              expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.

              > You can read about them on the FishList --
              >
              > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
              >
              > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
              >
              > Mike wrote:
              > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a
              > G10)
              > >
              > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but
              > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff,
              > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
              > > Thanks All
              > > Mike

            • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010
                I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
                sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
                chromatic aberration correction.

                Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico

                --
                L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                felipe@...

              • Bjørn K Nilssen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8, 2010
                  On 7 Jul 2010 at 17:48, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:

                  > I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
                  > sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
                  > chromatic aberration correction.

                  Just for the record - there is no such named lens in the Raynox catalog afaik.
                  It may be the DCR-FE180PRO, which is a fullframe fisheye, or a misspelled DCR-CF185PRO,
                  which is a 185 degree circular fisheye?
                  As these lenses are not "alone", I believe their appearent quality is highly dependent on
                  the lens behind them. The quality of the Olympus lenses on my C's are first class :)
                  http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egdigital.html

                  > Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico
                  >
                  > 2010/7/7 Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>
                  >

                  > > On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or
                  > > IPIX/Soligor.
                  > >
                  > > Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus
                  > > C5060/7070
                  > > cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big
                  > > and relatively
                  > > expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.
                  > >

                  > > > You can read about them on the FishList --
                  > > >
                  > > > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
                  > > >
                  > > > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?

                  > > shoulda bought a
                  > > > G10)

                  > > on ebay, but
                  > > > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro
                  > > standard stuff,
                  > > > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.

                • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 8, 2010
                    You are right, Bj�rn

                    It's a DCR-FE180PRO. I used it for many years attached to a Sony DSC85
                    camera (I'm not sure, but I remember it had Zeiss optics).