Fisheye on a G11

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
      Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)

      Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
      Thanks All
      Mike
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
        For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

        You can read about them on the FishList --

        http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm

        Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?

        Mike wrote:
        > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
        >
        > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
        > Thanks All
        > Mike

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
          Apologies, I thought as it was common knowledge a G11 didnt have interchangeable lenses I wouldn't have to explain I was asking about an converter as opposed to an actual fisheye lens.

          I did mean converter.

          > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.
          >
          > You can read about them on the FishList --
          >
          > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
          >
          > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
          >
          > Mike wrote:
          > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
          > >
          > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
          > > Thanks All
          > > Mike

        • Ian Wood
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
            All the lenses that Ken listed (and linked to) are converter lenses.

            Ian

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
              Search on Flickr for images and examples how to mount the Nikon fisheye
              converter on the G11.
            • Bjørn K Nilssen
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010
                On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:

                > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

                Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus C5060/7070
                cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big and relatively
                expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.

                > You can read about them on the FishList --
                >
                > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
                >
                > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
                >
                > Mike wrote:
                > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a
                > G10)
                > >
                > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but
                > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff,
                > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
                > > Thanks All
                > > Mike

              • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010
                  I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
                  sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
                  chromatic aberration correction.

                  Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico

                  --
                  L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                  felipe@...

                • Bjørn K Nilssen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 8, 2010
                    On 7 Jul 2010 at 17:48, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:

                    > I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
                    > sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
                    > chromatic aberration correction.

                    Just for the record - there is no such named lens in the Raynox catalog afaik.
                    It may be the DCR-FE180PRO, which is a fullframe fisheye, or a misspelled DCR-CF185PRO,
                    which is a 185 degree circular fisheye?
                    As these lenses are not "alone", I believe their appearent quality is highly dependent on
                    the lens behind them. The quality of the Olympus lenses on my C's are first class :)
                    http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egdigital.html

                    > Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico
                    >
                    > 2010/7/7 Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>
                    >

                    > > On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or
                    > > IPIX/Soligor.
                    > >
                    > > Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus
                    > > C5060/7070
                    > > cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big
                    > > and relatively
                    > > expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.
                    > >

                    > > > You can read about them on the FishList --
                    > > >
                    > > > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
                    > > >
                    > > > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?

                    > > shoulda bought a
                    > > > G10)

                    > > on ebay, but
                    > > > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro
                    > > standard stuff,
                    > > > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.

                  • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 8, 2010
                      You are right, Bj�rn

                      It's a DCR-FE180PRO. I used it for many years attached to a Sony DSC85
                      camera (I'm not sure, but I remember it had Zeiss optics).