Re: PTools plugins and migration to Windows 7

  • nburtey
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 5, 2010
      Hi Jim,

      This 64bits plugin version is a great news !

      Is it in stable release now ?

      Regards,
      Nicolas
      http://www.nicolasburtey.net

      > On 2010/05/14 2:59 PM, scannerist wrote:
      > > I recently bought a new Win 7 box and am getting ready to install CS4 32 and 64 bit apps.
      > >
      > > What I'd like to know is whether PTAdjust can be used with 64 bit. I'm assuming not. Would also like to know if a revision is in the works.
      > >
      > > I used PTAdjust plugin withe CS4 for extracting the nadir so I could remove the tripod and then insert it back into the image. With my old XP machine, and when I was working on extremely large images, the machine would run out of memory during reinsertion albeit I bumped up the PC to 4GB RAM, etc. The new machine has 12GB of RAM.
      > >
      > > pj
      > >

      > I have a test version of PanoTools plugin for PhotoShop Windows 64bit.
      >
      > There are several things I still want to fix. I am in the middle of unpacking from a move. Once I get settled I will set aside some time to getting a release version for both 32bit and 64bit done.
      >
      > In the mean time this gives 64bit Windows users an option.
      > For 32bit Windows it is best to continue to use the current plugins.
      >

      > Unzip this file and copy the file to your 64bit plugin folder, by default here.
      > C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Filters
      > http://photocreations.ca/panotools/PTFilters_x64.zip
      >
      > Please report back any problems or issues so they can be corrected.
      >
      > --
      > Jim Watters
      > http://photocreations.ca

    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 6, 2010
        Sorry no progression. So far I have only got feedback from one person.
        I have been using it for all my recent work and don't have any issues
        with it. I have been busy doing some extensive landscaping to a house
        we just moved into. I'll be switching to software development mode soon.

        Jim Watters

        --
        Jim Watters
        http://photocreations.ca
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 6, 2010
          Hi Jim,

          Okay thanks.

          I'll try it, and let you know if I've any crash or bug

          Regards,
          Nicolas Burtey
          http://www.nicolasburtey.net

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 6, 2010
            Am 06.07.2010 14:02, schrieb Jim Watters:
            > So far I have only got feedback from one person.

            I don't have CS5 yet, but as soon as I will I'll be interested, too.

          • scannerist
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 7, 2010

              > Sorry no progression. So far I have only got feedback from one person.

              I've been using the extract and insert functions and they are working fine so far.

              Thanks, Jim!!!
            • nburtey
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 11, 2010
                Hi Jim,

                The interface has been redesigned. It's really better !

                If I can suggest you small things :

                - Equirectangular is by default 0 degree. 360 should be a better options I think (with 0 degree, the output image is black ... spend some time to understand why)

                - If the Rectilinear image size could be calculate automatically when the panorama is equirectangular (probably the most use options) :

                If you put a sphere, and a plane tangent to this sphere, you can have the optimal plane dimension, depending of the fov and the input sphere size
              • Marko Potocnik
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 30, 2010
                  Thanks for 64 bit filters. I'm having problems with remap function.
                  Sometimes (when first using extract) the psd file it creates can not be
                  opened. Photoshop reports an that a file is not compatible with this
                  version. I'm using ps cs 5 64bit.

                  Regards,

                  Marko

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 30, 2010
                    Found a workaround, when using remap, source image must be a layer not a
                    background.

                    Regards,

                    Marko

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 30, 2010
                      Thanks. I'll look into this for the next release.
                      Jim