Re: White Line

  • needakeeper
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2010

      > Am 02.07.2010 21:43, schrieb Charles:
      >
      > > Can anybody tell me where am I picking up this white line, and how to eliminate it?
      >
      > Did you by chance resize the image in photoshop while it was still
      > layered? This would be the culprit. First flatten your image, then
      > resize. Ah, and did you check it is exactly 2:1 ratio? Not f.e. 8000x3999?
      >
      > Another cause once happened to me and cost me three days of work: If you
      > shift-drag images in photoshop and you release the shift key too soon,
      > the layer will not be placed exactly...
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

      I had the same experience as Erik. I have also had a noticeable difference at the seam that is created when the two ends of the equirect join in the final product. That time the problem was caused by filter use on one of the layers. If you utilize the offset filter in PS, you can see if there will be a problem with the seams before you convert into flash, java or qtvr file.

      Stephani
    • simon
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4, 2010
        Apart from the other suggestions, I've had this occur in the past when sharpening a cubic (using Ultra-sharpen pro) before converting to the final equilateral. Now just sharpen, if required, just before making the final output.
        Simon
      • prague
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2010
          Hi,

          The best stage to sharpen panos is the initial fisheye images, before they are stitched.

          Actually, sharpening cube faces is the next best option.

          The worst option is to sharpen the final equirect. when you do, you'll get some weird stuff at the zenith / nadir. I know it's the easiest way (and i've sharpened many panos at this stage) but it is not the optimum time to do your sharpening of panos.

          If you must sharpen the final equirect, you could consider not sharpening the zenith/nadir portions of the image.

          Jeffrey