Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Hugin equivalent from command line

  • Tom Hansen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
      Here is a link to the project page that I have created:
      http://waterbase.uwm.edu/datamap/cams/master.php

      It's still a work in progress. Basically it was created for a team of
      scientists to monitor beach conditions, in particular with regard to
      rain events. [See the date 2010/06/27 for a really good example of what
      we are observing.] So it's not perhaps as polished as a page intended
      for public consumption, but it works.

      As a follow-up to my original post, I played around with autooptimize
      and vig_optimize and neither tool seemed to work at all to balance the
      exposures. What really worked well in the end was to take the Makefile
      generated by hugin and change the following parameter lines:

      NONA_OPTS= -e exposure
      ENBLEND_OPTS= -f1768x587 --fine-mask -c -l 16

      I know, the "-e exposure" is wrong, it's supposed to be some exposure
      value. But it works somehow, so I left it in. The end result is probably
      90% as good as if I used hugin manually on each set of images. But of
      course, with dozens of new image sets generated per day, that's just not
      going to happen!

      The only thing is that I wish there existed a tool that could
      automatically make fine adjustments to the arrangement of the images to
      compensate for the slight variations in alignment caused by vibration of
      the camera in the wind. But I'm honestly quite happy with how it turned
      out as it is.

      --
      Tom Hansen
      Senior Information Processing Consultant

      nburtey wrote:

      > > I'm working on a time-lapse panorama project. It's very close to
      > working exactly how I want it to work. Here's what I've done/am doing now:
      > >
      > > 1. Programmed a PTZ webcam to take images at defined angles at fixed
      > intervals. The filenames of the images are basically the
      > date+time+"pos"+position+".jpg"
      >
      > This project seems really interesting !
      >
      > Would you like to share the camera you're using ?
      >
      > The motor is enough accurate to use a template ?
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Nicolas Burtey
      > http://www.nicolasburtey.net

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2010
        Adjusting the alignments would work if you compared each image to a baseline
        image and corrected the viewpoints only (not ypr).
        That would alleviate the per-image wiggling perhaps for awhile while the
        images are similar.
        You'd need to update your baseline set based on when the windspeeds reach
        acceptable levels to optimize against the evolution of the details.

        Sacha Griffin
        Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        http://www.seeit360.net
        http://www.southern-digital.com