Re: [PanoToolsNG] PTviewer help?

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
      Il 30/06/2010 11.53, Jan Martin ha scritto:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am trying to script PTviewer using javascript.
      > Already managed to pass on file, pan tilt and fow to display a new pano.
      >
      > However I am failing to also pass a new Hotspot:
      >
      > Test mit PTviewer 2.8 von Fluvio Senore:
      >
      > <http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100629/Fluvio/streetview-viewer.html>
      > http://bit.ly/cbhjPR
      >
      > Test mit PTviewer 3.1.2 von H. Dersch:
      > <http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100628/PTviewer/streetview-viewer.html>
      > http://bit.ly/a1xEfz
      >
      > Relevant code:
      > next ='{file='+streetview+'} {pan='+pan+'} {tilt='+tilt+'} {fov='+fov+'}
      > {name="hotspot1" value="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
      > u$+javascript:update(\'pano/000045.jpg\')+ n$+pano/000045.jpg+"}';
      >
      > document.ptviewer.newPano(next);
      >
      > The new Hotspot should be right in the middle of the image.
      >
      > According to H. Dersch this should work:
      > http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html
      >
      > ...PTViewer can be scripted by the html document. Several functions are
      > available to control navigation, zooming, panning and jumping to specific
      > locations. The syntax follows the usual javascript rules. All ptviewer
      > commands from the list above are available as javascript commands also. ...
      >
      > What's wrong?

      It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
      that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
      parameters in the <applet> tag.

      Fulvio Senore
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
        Am 02.07.2010 22:06, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
        > It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
        > that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
        > parameters in the<applet> tag.

        Do you remember the wufdog PTViewer pages? As far as I remember you
        could add hotspots dynamically there. Unfortunately they are gone some
        years ago. archive.org still has them, but those are not functional:
        http://tinyurl.com/3xz2ryp

      • Fulvio Senore
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
          Yes, now that you write it I remember those pages. They were very good
          ones, who knows what happened to that guy...

          Anyway, I don't remember if it was possible to add hotspots. It was a
          long time ago, in the times when Java looked like the future...

          Now Java is the past, and I cannot keep from asking myself if and when
          Flash will become the next Java and change from "future" to "past"...

          Fulvio

          Il 02/07/2010 22.17, Erik Krause ha scritto:
          > Am 02.07.2010 22:06, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
          >> It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
          >> that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
          >> parameters in the<applet> tag.
          >
          > Do you remember the wufdog PTViewer pages? As far as I remember you
          > could add hotspots dynamically there. Unfortunately they are gone some
          > years ago. archive.org still has them, but those are not functional:
          > http://tinyurl.com/3xz2ryp

        • Jan Martin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
            Well,

            I already spend an hour on that page and the pages source.
            Haven't found anything on adding hotspots by javascript.

            Something different:
            How to add an hotspot to panosalado 1 by javascript and not from an xml
            file?

            Thanks,
            Jan

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
              Am 02.07.2010 22:06, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
              > It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
              > that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
              > parameters in the<applet> tag.

              Fulvio, could it be we both misunderstood Jan's request? He doesn't want
              to add a hotspot dynamically. He wants to define the hotspot in a string
              passed to newPano(). The question was, why this hotspot doesn't show
              when the new panorama is loaded. From the documentation it should work...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                Am 30.06.2010 11:53, schrieb Jan Martin:
                > Relevant code:
                > next ='{file='+streetview+'} {pan='+pan+'} {tilt='+tilt+'} {fov='+fov+'}
                > {name="hotspot1" value="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
                > u$+javascript:update(\'pano/000045.jpg\')+ n$+pano/000045.jpg+"}';
                >
                > document.ptviewer.newPano(next);

                After some fiddling with firebug I found the reason: You simply are
                using the wrong hotspot syntax: The string should be
                ... {hotspot0="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
                u$+javascript:update('pano/000015.jpg')+ n$+Click me+"}

              • Jan Martin
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                  Erik,

                  thanks. It works.