PTviewer help?

  • Jan Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hi all,

      I am trying to script PTviewer using javascript.
      Already managed to pass on file, pan tilt and fow to display a new pano.

      However I am failing to also pass a new Hotspot:

      Test mit PTviewer 2.8 von Fluvio Senore:

      <http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100629/Fluvio/streetview-viewer.html>
      http://bit.ly/cbhjPR

      Test mit PTviewer 3.1.2 von H. Dersch:
      <http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100628/PTviewer/streetview-viewer.html>
      http://bit.ly/a1xEfz

      Relevant code:
      next ='{file='+streetview+'} {pan='+pan+'} {tilt='+tilt+'} {fov='+fov+'}
      {name="hotspot1" value="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
      u$+javascript:update(\'pano/000045.jpg\')+ n$+pano/000045.jpg+"}';

      document.ptviewer.newPano(next);

      The new Hotspot should be right in the middle of the image.

      According to H. Dersch this should work:
      http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html

      ...PTViewer can be scripted by the html document. Several functions are
      available to control navigation, zooming, panning and jumping to specific
      locations. The syntax follows the usual javascript rules. All ptviewer
      commands from the list above are available as javascript commands also. ...

      What's wrong?

      Thanks,
      Jan

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
        Il 30/06/2010 11.53, Jan Martin ha scritto:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am trying to script PTviewer using javascript.
        > Already managed to pass on file, pan tilt and fow to display a new pano.
        >
        > However I am failing to also pass a new Hotspot:
        >
        > Test mit PTviewer 2.8 von Fluvio Senore:
        >
        > <http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100629/Fluvio/streetview-viewer.html>
        > http://bit.ly/cbhjPR
        >
        > Test mit PTviewer 3.1.2 von H. Dersch:
        > <http://www.diy-streetview.org/data/development/20100628/PTviewer/streetview-viewer.html>
        > http://bit.ly/a1xEfz
        >
        > Relevant code:
        > next ='{file='+streetview+'} {pan='+pan+'} {tilt='+tilt+'} {fov='+fov+'}
        > {name="hotspot1" value="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
        > u$+javascript:update(\'pano/000045.jpg\')+ n$+pano/000045.jpg+"}';
        >
        > document.ptviewer.newPano(next);
        >
        > The new Hotspot should be right in the middle of the image.
        >
        > According to H. Dersch this should work:
        > http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html
        >
        > ...PTViewer can be scripted by the html document. Several functions are
        > available to control navigation, zooming, panning and jumping to specific
        > locations. The syntax follows the usual javascript rules. All ptviewer
        > commands from the list above are available as javascript commands also. ...
        >
        > What's wrong?

        It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
        that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
        parameters in the <applet> tag.

        Fulvio Senore
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
          Am 02.07.2010 22:06, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
          > It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
          > that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
          > parameters in the<applet> tag.

          Do you remember the wufdog PTViewer pages? As far as I remember you
          could add hotspots dynamically there. Unfortunately they are gone some
          years ago. archive.org still has them, but those are not functional:
          http://tinyurl.com/3xz2ryp

        • Fulvio Senore
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
            Yes, now that you write it I remember those pages. They were very good
            ones, who knows what happened to that guy...

            Anyway, I don't remember if it was possible to add hotspots. It was a
            long time ago, in the times when Java looked like the future...

            Now Java is the past, and I cannot keep from asking myself if and when
            Flash will become the next Java and change from "future" to "past"...

            Fulvio

            Il 02/07/2010 22.17, Erik Krause ha scritto:
            > Am 02.07.2010 22:06, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
            >> It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
            >> that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
            >> parameters in the<applet> tag.
            >
            > Do you remember the wufdog PTViewer pages? As far as I remember you
            > could add hotspots dynamically there. Unfortunately they are gone some
            > years ago. archive.org still has them, but those are not functional:
            > http://tinyurl.com/3xz2ryp

          • Jan Martin
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
              Well,

              I already spend an hour on that page and the pages source.
              Haven't found anything on adding hotspots by javascript.

              Something different:
              How to add an hotspot to panosalado 1 by javascript and not from an xml
              file?

              Thanks,
              Jan

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                Am 02.07.2010 22:06, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
                > It is a long time since I last worked at PTViewer, but I don't think
                > that it is possible to add a hotspot at runtime. Hotspots are defined as
                > parameters in the<applet> tag.

                Fulvio, could it be we both misunderstood Jan's request? He doesn't want
                to add a hotspot dynamically. He wants to define the hotspot in a string
                passed to newPano(). The question was, why this hotspot doesn't show
                when the new panorama is loaded. From the documentation it should work...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                  Am 30.06.2010 11:53, schrieb Jan Martin:
                  > Relevant code:
                  > next ='{file='+streetview+'} {pan='+pan+'} {tilt='+tilt+'} {fov='+fov+'}
                  > {name="hotspot1" value="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
                  > u$+javascript:update(\'pano/000045.jpg\')+ n$+pano/000045.jpg+"}';
                  >
                  > document.ptviewer.newPano(next);

                  After some fiddling with firebug I found the reason: You simply are
                  using the wrong hotspot syntax: The string should be
                  ... {hotspot0="q x1500 y750 a1600 b800
                  u$+javascript:update('pano/000015.jpg')+ n$+Click me+"}

                • Jan Martin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                    Erik,

                    thanks. It works.