HDR-HTML Viewer

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hello folks,

      It's slightly off-topic, but I recently cleaned up the Javascript for an web-based HDR viewer. It uses a similar approach like the ancient ADR technique, but in plain HTML+Java. No Flash or plugins needed.
      Oh, and it's a non-panoramic viewer. Figured it might still be interesting to some of you...

      www.hdrlabs.com/gallery/realhdr/

      The code to this is now included in the latest release of pfsTools.
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pfstools/files/

      Best,
      Blochi
    • Dudu Tresca
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2010
        thanks Christian.
        good links!
        DT

        --
        Dudu Tresca

        d.tresca@...
        55 11 2361 1312
        55 11 8421 0729
        www.br360.com.br
        www.coolview.com.br
        twitter.com/DuduTresca

        "Think in all, but preserve your copyright"
        "Crédito não é moeda, é um direito! Respeite o fotógrafo"

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
          Am 30.06.2010 02:57, schrieb Christian Bloch:
          > It's slightly off-topic, but I recently cleaned up the Javascript for
          > an web-based HDR viewer. It uses a similar approach like the ancient
          > ADR technique, but in plain HTML+Java. No Flash or plugins needed.
          > Oh, and it's a non-panoramic viewer. Figured it might still be
          > interesting to some of you...

          If you want to use Java (who has it still?) you can use PTViewer 3. It
          shows radiance format and FJPG images in an ADR manner...

          -> http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/

        • Christian Bloch
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
            Yeah, I used to love it, had my entire HDR Panogallery done with it. But then the images got bigger than 3k and the FJPEG compression artifacts more and more bothering me. Still have the tutorial online how to setup PTViewer, though...

            There's also HDView, that can do HDR re-exposing in realtime. But then again, only PC, and only after installing an ActiveX component. The whole point was to move away from all plugins, and have an HDR Viewer that is plain HTML+Javascript, works on every virgin browser, as well as on iDevices and whatnot.

            But, then again, I would wish it would be panoramic. Actually I wish for KRPano to pick up this type of "fake HDR by Exposure blending" - even if it's Flash-based.

            Blochi

            On Jul 1, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Erik Krause wrote:

            > If you want to use Java (who has it still?) you can use PTViewer 3. It
            > shows radiance format and FJPG images in an ADR manner...
            >
            > -> http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/
          • Roger Howard
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
              > On Jul 1, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
              >

              > > If you want to use Java (who has it still?) you can use PTViewer 3. It
              > > shows radiance format and FJPG images in an ADR manner...

              It's actually JavaScript, not Java...

              Pretty impressive viewer for a pure JavaScript approach.