[OT] rappel devices (was: Canyoning VR)

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
      Am 29.06.2010 22:14, schrieb mick crane:

      > I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
      > operational.

      You cannot see it because the perspective doesn't show it. But I can
      assure you: it works. ;-) But it doesn't lock automatically.

      This kind of belay and rappel device is nothing but a refined version of
      the original Sticht plate.

      You have several views here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ATC_Guide
      If you pull the ropes down into the narrower slots, you get more friction.

    • Ignacio Ferrando Margel√≠
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
        It's this

        http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/belay-devices/reverso-3