Re: [PanoToolsNG] Canyoning VR

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
      Bravo!

      :) Bostjan

      ________________________________
      From: Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...>
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, June 29, 2010 12:31:34 PM
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Canyoning VR

      Hi,

      last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

      Nikon D3 + 16mm

      regards

      Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

      Abaco Digital
      _,_._,___

    • Henri Smeets
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
        Sheesh, please stop doing that Ingnacio, you're setting the bar so high,
        literally as well as figuratively!

        I got inspired by 'El Delphin' (I think it was called) you did some time
        ago, made me get seriously into panoramics, thanks again!

        Actually did some climbing myself nearby in Extarri and Echauri. No way
        though i'm hauling a D3 along, even if I had one that is!
      • mick crane
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
          On Tue, June 29, 2010 11:31 am, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:
          > Hi,
          >

          > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
          >
          > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
          what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
            Am 29.06.2010 20:56, schrieb mick crane:
            >> > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
            > what is the green thing above the carabeener ?

            A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

          • mick crane
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
              On Tue, June 29, 2010 8:54 pm, Erik Krause wrote:

              >> what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
              >
              > A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

              I tried this briefly. the mechanics are interesting, for abseiling this is
              like a double twist of a thin cord wrapped around the rope and attached to
              you which by holding lets the rope slip through but if you let go it snags
              and you do not fall. or one of those sprung teethed things that grab if
              let go. I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
              operational.
              mick
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                Am 29.06.2010 22:14, schrieb mick crane:

                > I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                > operational.

                You cannot see it because the perspective doesn't show it. But I can
                assure you: it works. ;-) But it doesn't lock automatically.

                This kind of belay and rappel device is nothing but a refined version of
                the original Sticht plate.

                You have several views here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ATC_Guide
                If you pull the ropes down into the narrower slots, you get more friction.

              • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                  It's this

                  http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/belay-devices/reverso-3