Re: [PanoToolsNG] Canyoning VR

  • Ron Rack
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
      Yet another death- defying, remarkable pano, very well done. Thanks
      for showing us.

      ron rack

      http://360around.com

      On Jun 29, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Ignacio Ferrando Margel� wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
      >
      > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
      >
      > Nikon D3 + 16mm
      >
      > regards

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
        Bravo!

        :) Bostjan

        ________________________________
        last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

        http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

        Nikon D3 + 16mm

        regards

        Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

        Abaco Digital
        _,_._,___

      • Henri Smeets
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
          Sheesh, please stop doing that Ingnacio, you're setting the bar so high,
          literally as well as figuratively!

          I got inspired by 'El Delphin' (I think it was called) you did some time
          ago, made me get seriously into panoramics, thanks again!

          Actually did some climbing myself nearby in Extarri and Echauri. No way
          though i'm hauling a D3 along, even if I had one that is!
        • mick crane
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
            On Tue, June 29, 2010 11:31 am, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:
            > Hi,
            >

            > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
            >
            > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
            what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
              Am 29.06.2010 20:56, schrieb mick crane:
              >> > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
              > what is the green thing above the carabeener ?

              A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

            • mick crane
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                On Tue, June 29, 2010 8:54 pm, Erik Krause wrote:

                >> what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
                >
                > A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
                > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

                I tried this briefly. the mechanics are interesting, for abseiling this is
                like a double twist of a thin cord wrapped around the rope and attached to
                you which by holding lets the rope slip through but if you let go it snags
                and you do not fall. or one of those sprung teethed things that grab if
                let go. I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                operational.
                mick
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                  Am 29.06.2010 22:14, schrieb mick crane:

                  > I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                  > operational.

                  You cannot see it because the perspective doesn't show it. But I can
                  assure you: it works. ;-) But it doesn't lock automatically.

                  This kind of belay and rappel device is nothing but a refined version of
                  the original Sticht plate.

                  You have several views here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ATC_Guide
                  If you pull the ropes down into the narrower slots, you get more friction.

                • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                    It's this

                    http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/belay-devices/reverso-3