Re: [PanoToolsNG] Canyoning VR

  • Treehouse of Blue Ridge
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
      Thank you for sharing!

      Dee
      www.treehouseofblueridge.com

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:31 AM
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Canyoning VR

      Hi,

      last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

      Nikon D3 + 16mm

      regards

    • Ron Rack
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
        Yet another death- defying, remarkable pano, very well done. Thanks
        for showing us.

        ron rack

        http://360around.com

        On Jun 29, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Ignacio Ferrando Margel� wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
        >
        > Nikon D3 + 16mm
        >
        > regards

      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
          Bravo!

          :) Bostjan

          ________________________________
          last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

          http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

          Nikon D3 + 16mm

          regards

          Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

          Abaco Digital
          _,_._,___

        • Henri Smeets
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
            Sheesh, please stop doing that Ingnacio, you're setting the bar so high,
            literally as well as figuratively!

            I got inspired by 'El Delphin' (I think it was called) you did some time
            ago, made me get seriously into panoramics, thanks again!

            Actually did some climbing myself nearby in Extarri and Echauri. No way
            though i'm hauling a D3 along, even if I had one that is!
          • mick crane
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
              On Tue, June 29, 2010 11:31 am, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:
              > Hi,
              >

              > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
              >
              > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
              what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                Am 29.06.2010 20:56, schrieb mick crane:
                >> > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
                > what is the green thing above the carabeener ?

                A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

              • mick crane
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                  On Tue, June 29, 2010 8:54 pm, Erik Krause wrote:

                  >> what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
                  >
                  > A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
                  > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

                  I tried this briefly. the mechanics are interesting, for abseiling this is
                  like a double twist of a thin cord wrapped around the rope and attached to
                  you which by holding lets the rope slip through but if you let go it snags
                  and you do not fall. or one of those sprung teethed things that grab if
                  let go. I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                  operational.
                  mick
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                    Am 29.06.2010 22:14, schrieb mick crane:

                    > I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                    > operational.

                    You cannot see it because the perspective doesn't show it. But I can
                    assure you: it works. ;-) But it doesn't lock automatically.

                    This kind of belay and rappel device is nothing but a refined version of
                    the original Sticht plate.

                    You have several views here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ATC_Guide
                    If you pull the ropes down into the narrower slots, you get more friction.

                  • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                      It's this

                      http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/belay-devices/reverso-3