Canyoning VR

  • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hi,

      last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

      Nikon D3 + 16mm

      regards

      Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

      Abaco Digital

      http://www.abaco-digital.com

    • Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
        Ignacio, fantastic work as usual.

        Os melhores cumprimentos,
        Best regards,

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Carlos Chegado

        Olho de Peixe Lda
        Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
        Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

        || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
        twitter.com/carloschegado ||

        www.xprints.com ||

        || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

        On 29-06-2010 11:31, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
        >
        > Nikon D3 + 16mm
        >
        > regards

      • Treehouse of Blue Ridge
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
          Thank you for sharing!

          Dee
          www.treehouseofblueridge.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
            Yet another death- defying, remarkable pano, very well done. Thanks
            for showing us.

            ron rack

            http://360around.com

            On Jun 29, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Ignacio Ferrando Margel� wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
            >
            > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
            >
            > Nikon D3 + 16mm
            >
            > regards

          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
              Bravo!

              :) Bostjan

              ________________________________
              last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

              http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

              Nikon D3 + 16mm

              regards

              Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

              Abaco Digital
              _,_._,___

            • Henri Smeets
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                Sheesh, please stop doing that Ingnacio, you're setting the bar so high,
                literally as well as figuratively!

                I got inspired by 'El Delphin' (I think it was called) you did some time
                ago, made me get seriously into panoramics, thanks again!

                Actually did some climbing myself nearby in Extarri and Echauri. No way
                though i'm hauling a D3 along, even if I had one that is!
              • mick crane
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                  On Tue, June 29, 2010 11:31 am, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >

                  > last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
                  >
                  > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
                  what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                    Am 29.06.2010 20:56, schrieb mick crane:
                    >> > http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
                    > what is the green thing above the carabeener ?

                    A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

                  • mick crane
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                      On Tue, June 29, 2010 8:54 pm, Erik Krause wrote:

                      >> what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
                      >
                      > A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
                      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

                      I tried this briefly. the mechanics are interesting, for abseiling this is
                      like a double twist of a thin cord wrapped around the rope and attached to
                      you which by holding lets the rope slip through but if you let go it snags
                      and you do not fall. or one of those sprung teethed things that grab if
                      let go. I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                      operational.
                      mick
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                        Am 29.06.2010 22:14, schrieb mick crane:

                        > I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
                        > operational.

                        You cannot see it because the perspective doesn't show it. But I can
                        assure you: it works. ;-) But it doesn't lock automatically.

                        This kind of belay and rappel device is nothing but a refined version of
                        the original Sticht plate.

                        You have several views here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ATC_Guide
                        If you pull the ropes down into the narrower slots, you get more friction.

                      • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 29, 2010
                          It's this

                          http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/belay-devices/reverso-3