Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Use of CS5 "Stack" of overlapping images

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2010
      Thank you, Hans.

      On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:54:13 +0900, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Can someone please remind me what the trick was to get a
      >> layered PSD file generated by PTgui into PS so that I can
      >> use the blending process that is good at finding the
      >> best path for the stitching seam. I remember seeing what
      >> a good job it can do in favorable cases, but I can't find
      >> out how to do it myself...
      >
      > Export as blended and layers.
      > The masks generated by PTGui does however not work with Photoshop
      > autoblend so you have to delete them. Unfortunately Photoshop does not
      > support selecting all masks at once and delete so you have to do it one
      > by one.
      >
      > You can easy make an action to do this so you just need to push a key to
      > delete all masks.

      Your assumption that I would know what an action was, what it could do,
      and how I would make it and use it is, alas, wrong. I assume it's
      something like a macro in Word.

      > To autoblend the layers then just select all of them except your
      > blended background and in the edit menu select auto-blend layers.

      This worked well, thank you, although on the particular panorama for
      which I had hoped it would work wonders it proved rather disappointing.

      It is obviously not a cure-all, but I now know how to make use of it,
      so thanks again, Hans.

      > I wish PTGui had an output with layers without masks. Actually I never
      > use masks anyhow to edit layers in panoramas.

      Does that mean you never need to adjust a seam? If so, tell me the
      secret, Maestro.

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com