Re: [PanoToolsNG] Fwd: Copyright infringement on pan0.net

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2010
      Reasoning with thieves doesn't work. Such people are ruthless and
      dishonest.

      It is always better to PREVENT theft properly, rather than trying to recover
      the stolen goods after the theft.

      I have encouraged people to get through the security of a project I provided
      in this thread:

      http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/HTML5-the-true-tragedy-tp2242683p2244158.html

      ...but until now no one has been able to. There was of course one who
      claimed the following:

      *decompiling flash file is not what I'd call "hard", you know. after all,
      the spec is all open...
      so you don't protect anything.*
      - Rapha´┐Żl Jacquot -

      And we all know that he was completely wrong... even he knows it, therefore
      he hasn't brought any evidence of the contrary.

      When protection is available, people should go for it, rather than having
      their works stolen and then having to deal with the aftermath, which may
      include lawyers (another breed of thieves), worries, disappointment etc...
      and in the case of a commercial project that you have sold to a client that
      gets stolen, you WILL have a problem with the client who of course expects
      the project he paid, to be safe and sound, and not become something people
      can just pick up as they please. Providing your clients with a secure
      project, is only natural. If you are a hobbyist, then you many not really
      care if your panos are stolen and used by others illegally, even when it is
      done in a way that may help generate an income for the thief. .... but
      professionals do have a responsibility toward their clients, and of course
      towards themselves. After all it is their work that may get stolen.

      Trausti
      http://flashificator.com/
      http://flashificator.com/forums
      http://flashpanoramas.com/player