Re: [PanoToolsNG] Topaz Denoise 4

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 20, 2010
      Follow up after having de-noised half a dozen film-based panoramas...

      On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:58:21 +0900, Stephani Hill
      <virtualpointphotos@...> wrote:

      > My experience has been much the same as yours, Roger. I also like that
      > there are me-proof tutorials on youtube! I got the suite when they ran
      > a special around the first of the year, and I haven't regretted the
      > purchase for a second.

      Topaz De-Noise is doing a great job of making panoramas badly affected by
      obtrusive noise look much more presentable. But I am finding lots of things
      in those early panoramas that embarrass me. Botched nadir and zenith
      cloning,
      stitching errors, you name it... I suppose they might be an encouragement
      to other beginners ("even if your first panoramas look like this, press on
      &
      you can get to produce reasonably good ones"). But I am less keen to put
      them on public show... Still on the "to do" list, but nearer the bottom for
      the time being.

      One thing I did appreciate all over again was how very wide the dynamic
      range was in those early film-based panoramas!

      Roger

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger