speed-up panocube

  • dino2two
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
      Hello,

      How can I make Panocube, Pano2faces and Cube2pano to work faster? I
      have a Intel core 2 duo and I see no difference vs. Barton 2500+.

      Thanks.
    • Ian
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
        I don't believe any of these apps are optimised for multiple cores/processors. So you won't
        see much of an improvement on a Core Duo.

        Ian

        --- "dino2two" <dino2two@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > How can I make Panocube, Pano2faces and Cube2pano to work faster? I
        > have a Intel core 2 duo and I see no difference vs. Barton 2500+.
        >
        > Thanks.
      • tflyfish2002
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
          What's Barton 2500? Pano2QTVR is pretty fast for me on my dual
          processor machine. It's photoshop that I would like to see as Dual
          Processor aware as well as Lightroom.

          Bazzer--- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dino2two" <dino2two@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > How can I make Panocube, Pano2faces and Cube2pano to work faster? I
          > have a Intel core 2 duo and I see no difference vs. Barton 2500+.
          >
          > Thanks.

        • Fabio Bustamante
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
            Well, as far as I know Photoshop CS2 can take full advantage of dual
            core processors...

            tflyfish2002 wrote:
            > What's Barton 2500? Pano2QTVR is pretty fast for me on my dual
            > processor machine. It's photoshop that I would like to see as Dual
            > Processor aware as well as Lightroom.
            >
            > Bazzer--- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dino2two" <dino2two@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hello,
            >>
            >> How can I make Panocube, Pano2faces and Cube2pano to work faster? I
            >> have a Intel core 2 duo and I see no difference vs. Barton 2500+.
            >>
            >> Thanks.

          • Roger Howard
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
              On Tue, November 28, 2006 10:35 am, Fabio Bustamante wrote:
              > Well, as far as I know Photoshop CS2 can take full advantage of dual
              > core processors...

              It can take *some* advantage... not all operations are SMP-enabled, so it
              won't always show any advantage. But yes, in many places it's been
              SMP-capable for years (though, IIRC, the Windows version is less mature
              than the Mac OS version in this respect). And *any* app can show some
              benefit on a box with more than one core simply because the OS scheduler
              should be able to spread the work load across the cores, even if within
              each individual application it can't use more than one.
            • Phil Scott
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
                I don't know Panocube specifically, but I can tell you that having
                lots of fast disk space that has been defragmented really helps me
                with PTGui and Enblend and Pano2QTVR. They were really slow and
                failing when I had about 1GB free disk. I have 2GB RAM on a P4.