IE7 and fullscreen

  • Guillaume Fulchiron
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi all,

      I have made a small test the other day with the new IE7 browser and I'm encounting a
      problem on my site ; my fullscreen panorama page open only the qtvr (better than nothing)
      but the rest of the page contents (date, title...) as desappeared. Maybe my openFS
      javascript is not IE7 compatible. You can have a test here :
      http://www.animatif.com/panos/vercors/gervanne.htm

      Is there someone who could point me to a proper "open fullscreen Javascript" ?

      TIA,

      Guillaume
    • Guillaume Fulchiron
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
        Hi all,

        I have made a small test the other day with the new IE7 browser and
        I'm encounting a problem on my site ; my fullscreen panorama page open
        only the qtvr (better than nothing) but the rest of the page contents
        (date, title...) has desappeared. Maybe my openFS javascript is not
        IE7 compatible. You can have a test here :
        http://www.animatif.com/panos/vercors/gervanne.htm

        Is there someone who could point me to a proper "open fullscreen
        Javascript" ?

        TIA,

        Guillaume
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
          Nothing wrong with your pop-up code. Its your repairembed script..
          Find something better for eolas.

          Sacha Griffin
          Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          www.southern-digital.com
          www.seeit360.net
          www.ezphotosafe.com
          404-551-4275
          404-731-7798

          I have made a small test the other day with the new IE7 browser and I'm
          encounting a
          problem on my site ; my fullscreen panorama page open only the qtvr (better
          than nothing)
          but the rest of the page contents (date, title...) as desappeared. Maybe my
          openFS
          javascript is not IE7 compatible. You can have a test here :
          http://www.animatif.com/panos/vercors/gervanne.htm

          Is there someone who could point me to a proper "open fullscreen Javascript"
          ?

          TIA,

          Guillaume

        • Guillaume Fulchiron
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
            "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

            > Nothing wrong with your pop-up code. Its your repairembed script..
            > Find something better for eolas.

            Thank you Sacha,
            I've to look for another eolas solution, but it seems hard to find THE
            simple solution... Many sites out there don't even use any.

            G.
          • panokaemena@mac.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
              In this regard. Since a few days I am using a code which should work
              fine with IE7. I cannot test as I use a Mac.
              Any WIN IE7 test would be appreciated

              http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel2/

              http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel1

              http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraAmphitheater2

              http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraTetraPylon

              Willy

              On Nov 29, 2006, at 0:47, Guillaume Fulchiron wrote:

              > "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Nothing wrong with your pop-up code. Its your repairembed script..
              > > Find something better for eolas.
              >
              > Thank you Sacha,
              > I've to look for another eolas solution, but it seems hard to find THE
              > simple solution... Many sites out there don't even use any.
              >
              > G.

            • Pat Swovelin
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 29, 2006
                panokaemena@... wrote:
                > In this regard. Since a few days I am using a code which should work
                > fine with IE7. I cannot test as I use a Mac.
                > Any WIN IE7 test would be appreciated

                I tested it with IE7 (Win XP Pro SP2) and the 1st time I looked at one
                of the panos it gave me the pain-in-the-butt EOLAS click here, click
                there, click until you're blue in the face (just another reason to use
                FF). When I went to another pano (in a new tab) it went right in
                without any problems. Thinking it might be a fluke based on the already
                open tab I closed and restarted IE. This time it went right in without
                any problems. So it looks like your IE visitors will have to put up
                with the EOLAS BS as a one-time only pain.

                Maybe...

                I did notice a rather strange problem ... you're being followed.
                There's some really weird guy who's been sneaking into the bottom of
                some of your panos. I'd be careful if I were you, it might be some
                Syrian government agent who's spying on your activities because you look
                like you're having too much fun (and they can't allow that). =8^)

                Be that as it may, fabulous panos, Willy. How old are these sites and
                were can I read more about them (in English)?

                > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel2/
                >
                > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel1
                >

                > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraAmphitheater2
                >
                > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraTetraPylon
                >

                > Willy
                >

                > On Nov 29, 2006, at 0:47, Guillaume Fulchiron wrote:
                >
                >> "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
                >>> Nothing wrong with your pop-up code. Its your repairembed script..
                >>> Find something better for eolas.
                >> Thank you Sacha,
                >> I've to look for another eolas solution, but it seems hard to find THE
                >> simple solution... Many sites out there don't even use any.
                >>
                >> G.

                Pat Swovelin
                Cool Guy @ Large
              • panokaemena@mac.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                  Thanks for testing

                  the " agent" is a work mate not a syrian government agent....

                  the site construction started 3000 years ago, The best time they
                  had about 2000 years ago.

                  The place is Palmyra or in local language Tadmor you will find
                  plenty about it in google.

                  Willy

                  On Nov 30, 2006, at 4:50, Pat Swovelin wrote:

                  > panokaemena@... wrote:
                  > > In this regard. Since a few days I am using a code which should work
                  > > fine with IE7. I cannot test as I use a Mac.
                  > > Any WIN IE7 test would be appreciated
                  >
                  > I tested it with IE7 (Win XP Pro SP2) and the 1st time I looked at one
                  > of the panos it gave me the pain-in-the-butt EOLAS click here, click
                  > there, click until you're blue in the face (just another reason to use
                  > FF). When I went to another pano (in a new tab) it went right in
                  > without any problems. Thinking it might be a fluke based on the
                  > already
                  > open tab I closed and restarted IE. This time it went right in without
                  > any problems. So it looks like your IE visitors will have to put up
                  > with the EOLAS BS as a one-time only pain.
                  >
                  > Maybe...
                  >
                  > I did notice a rather strange problem ... you're being followed.
                  > There's some really weird guy who's been sneaking into the bottom of
                  > some of your panos. I'd be careful if I were you, it might be some
                  > Syrian government agent who's spying on your activities because you
                  > look
                  > like you're having too much fun (and they can't allow that). =8^)
                  >
                  > Be that as it may, fabulous panos, Willy. How old are these sites and
                  > were can I read more about them (in English)?
                  >
                  > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel2/
                  > >
                  > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel1
                  > >

                  > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraAmphitheater2
                  > >
                  > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraTetraPylon
                  > >

                  > > Willy

                  > >> Thank you Sacha,
                  > >> I've to look for another eolas solution, but it seems hard to
                  > find THE
                  > >> simple solution... Many sites out there don't even use any.
                  > >>
                  > >> G.
                  >
                  > Pat Swovelin
                  > Cool Guy @ Large

                • Pat Swovelin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                    panokaemena@... wrote:
                    > Thanks for testing
                    >
                    > the " agent" is a work mate not a syrian government agent....

                    No, not him, I meant the one in the nadir. He looks suspicious to me.
                    =8^)

                    > the site construction started 3000 years ago, The best time they
                    > had about 2000 years ago.
                    >
                    > The place is Palmyra or in local language Tadmor you will find
                    > plenty about it in google.

                    Thanks.

                    > Willy
                    >

                    > On Nov 30, 2006, at 4:50, Pat Swovelin wrote:
                    >
                    >> panokaemena@... wrote:
                    >>> In this regard. Since a few days I am using a code which should work
                    >>> fine with IE7. I cannot test as I use a Mac.
                    >>> Any WIN IE7 test would be appreciated
                    >> I tested it with IE7 (Win XP Pro SP2) and the 1st time I looked at one
                    >> of the panos it gave me the pain-in-the-butt EOLAS click here, click
                    >> there, click until you're blue in the face (just another reason to use
                    >> FF). When I went to another pano (in a new tab) it went right in
                    >> without any problems. Thinking it might be a fluke based on the
                    >> already
                    >> open tab I closed and restarted IE. This time it went right in without
                    >> any problems. So it looks like your IE visitors will have to put up
                    >> with the EOLAS BS as a one-time only pain.
                    >>
                    >> Maybe...
                    >>
                    >> I did notice a rather strange problem ... you're being followed.
                    >> There's some really weird guy who's been sneaking into the bottom of
                    >> some of your panos. I'd be careful if I were you, it might be some
                    >> Syrian government agent who's spying on your activities because you
                    >> look
                    >> like you're having too much fun (and they can't allow that). =8^)
                    >>
                    >> Be that as it may, fabulous panos, Willy. How old are these sites and
                    >> were can I read more about them (in English)?
                    >>
                    >>> http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel2/
                    >>>
                    >>> http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraCitadel1
                    >>>

                    >>> http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraAmphitheater2
                    >>>
                    >>> http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/PalmyraTetraPylon