Re: [PanoToolsNG] Multi 5d rig for hi res panoramic movie "background plate"

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2010
      The base under each 5D is a power distribution module, supplies power
      to camera, focus motors, HDMI to HD-SDI converters or whatever. Makes
      dealing with this many cameras a lot easier. the cage around each
      camera is very strong and makes rigging them easy. This circle vision
      rig is really simple. they must have some sort of way to gang start
      the cameras as well.

      About 10 years ago a friend shot some background plates in Hawaii
      using 3 vistavision cameras and he said it was a real chore since they
      couldn't all the cameras at once and getting shutter sync to work on
      location turned into a nightmare. The 5D rig looks a lot simpler, I
      wonder how they did shutter sync?

      On Jun 9, 2010, at 4:08 PM, panovrx wrote:

      > from about 0.20 in this interview
      > http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=3884
      > ... about 10 Canons in video mode
      > ... I am not sure what the gadget is under each 5d ... I think it
      > might be an external sound preamp
      >
      > Peter M
      >

      > _,_._,___

      Cheers