How do I nominate a centre image when creating Panos in PTGui?

  • oneill_shane_1977
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am having some trouble with this image:

      http://www.usefilm.com/Image.asp?ID=1008090

      it was created on an earlier version of PTGui. I inserted the images
      and this is what I got back. As it turned out the composition was
      perfect with the river placed in the centre of the frame. At the time
      I was experimenting with the software so I only created a small jpeg.

      A few days ago somebody asked to purchase this image as a Christmas
      present. Having only a small jpeg I went through the same process in
      PT Gui to make a larger file in order to get it printed on roll
      paper. The problem now is this latest version of the software creates
      a totally different composition. The river is off to the left of the
      frame and it just doesn't work! The website does not have an answer
      to this question either so I hoping somebody here can help. How do I
      tell the software to place the image I want to be in the centre of
      the frame??!

      Also, in hindsight, the perspective on the rock face to the left of
      the river appears a little flat - is there a quick fix for this?

      Many thanks to anybody who helps me!

      Rgds,
      Shane
    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 29, 2006
        PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... wrote:
> [...]

        You could also use this to move the image up/down. The addition of the
        Shift key (or any other modifier key) should constrain the image's
        movement to either the horizontal or vertical direction in the same way
        that using Shift constrains a layer's movement in PS.

        > Alternatively, perhaps a button to click on which could lock the horizon.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Darren.

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large